Howdy, Stranger!

3 Nov

When I typed my blog’s URL in my browser, it wasn’t the first link to auto-complete. That’s how long it’s been.

And I’m ok with that. These last few months have been pretty exhausting, and pretty awesome too. Bunny’s growing. Work is great. Shmerson and I are great.

And now I’m here.

I was going to end the post with “Anyone wanna guess why?”

But that was for the one hot minute that I forgot who my audience is.

No, I’m not pregnant.

But as of a couple of weeks ago – we’ve officially stopped preventing. I’m not saying we’re trying. I’m not going down that rabbit hole. We’re not trying.

We’re just not preventing.

I’ve somehow gained 5 pounds in the last two weeks. I haven’t gained an ounce in over a year.

So… Yeah.

Now everyone is updated. Which gives me the permission to come back here and spill my guts as-needed. If needed. Who knows.

But in the name of all that is holy/spaghetti-related, if I start peeing on sticks I officially give you all permission to troll me, or even better – fly over to Tel Aviv and throw stuff at me.

Because I refuse to do that to myself, my marriage, or my daughter. We are going to do this like any normal stupidly lucky super-fertile couple would do it. Which is irresponsibly and ignorantly. Otherwise I will most likely lose my shit. And I’ve got too much stuff to get done to lose my shit. So I refuse to lose my shit.

I hereby solemnly swear that there will be no temping. No ovulation sticks. No cycle day counting. NONE! NONE I TELL YOU!

(Now all I have to do is stick to that. Wish me luck. Here goes nothing.)

9 Responses to “Howdy, Stranger!”

1. Mrs T November 3, 2015 at 20:34 #

May the force be with you! Always here for venting or trolling… whatever the situation requires 😉

2. Amy November 3, 2015 at 21:59 #

Hiya! *waves* I was literally just thinking about you the other day. I hope you are successful…I can’t help but shout hooray for those success-after-IF-Hell stories. I myself a surgery and some hormones away from a donor egg IVF, am haven’t blogged about it at all. Maybe now I will.

Smooch!

3. nonsequiturchica November 3, 2015 at 23:16 #

I am always gaining weight right before a cycle from stress eating. Unfortunately my next cycle comes with a huge work event and the holidays so it could be really, really bad….

Good luck (especially with the no pee stick/no ovulation sticks) as we all know that you are quite the POASer. 🙂

4. Courtney November 3, 2015 at 23:20 #

Good luck… With it all!

The second time around was easier for me. Having a toddler to chase around takes your mind off of it quite a bit!

5. April November 4, 2015 at 00:56 #

Good luck! I have faith in you. I do. Good luck being normal.

6. chon November 4, 2015 at 01:55 #

gorgeous lady WISHING YOU ALL THE BEST

7. Theresa November 4, 2015 at 03:20 #

HEY!

8. Karin November 4, 2015 at 03:49 #

God bless and good luck!

9. Maria November 11, 2015 at 22:25 #

Lol! Here’s to not losing your shit!