*Tap Tap* Is This Thing On?

13 Oct

I’m still here. And I don’t plan on leaving.

I think that’s important to say.

I know updates here have been few and far between. I’d be lying if I didn’t say that there weren’t times over the last few months that I considered boarding up the windows on this blog. I considered it, but I don’t think I’ll ever be able to do it.

Between Bunny and putting my nose to the grindstone at work, blogging has fallen by the wayside. I want to write, but I don’t have a moment to do it.

Things are hectic, and complex, but all around good. I have so much to say about becoming connected to my ambition again, working mom guilt, my anxiety rearing its ugly head again…

But I just can’t find the time to say it. And for now, that will have to be ok.

A few weeks ago I talked to Shmerson about shutting this space down, but before he even had a chance to put in his two cents, I already realized that the truth is that I know that the day will come where I will need this blog desperately again. I know that day will come. And I want this space to be here then.

Yesterday I took Bunny to the pediatrician because she was running a fever. In the waiting room there was a couple with a boy, around two, and a baby girl.

The boy’s name was Nadav.

I looked at Bunny and looked at that family, and for a clear moment I saw an alternate reality – where Bunny’s big brother was there, wreaking havoc in that waiting room.

Needless to say, last night was a hard night.

Hard nights these days are fewer and further between, and for that I’m grateful. And I know that it may be “wrong” for this space to be a wailing wall, where I come to in crisis, but abandon otherwise.

But that may just have to be what this is for now. And I’m going to have to be ok with that. Because honestly – I have enough to feel guilty about. I don’t need blogger guilt on top of it all.

So bear with me while I deal with occasional contentment, continuing complexity, and routine. Forgive me if I only engage during a crisis. It’s just the best I can do for now.

I hope you drop by sometimes to check on us. I promise to do my best to keep the lights on.

9 Responses to “*Tap Tap* Is This Thing On?”

1. Courtney October 13, 2014 at 22:59 #

Good to hear from you! Your blog exists for you, for whatever reasons you need and/or want. No apologies and no guilt…ever!

• chon October 14, 2014 at 01:20 #

exactly! you do pop in every month or so to say hey dude this is whats happening. It’s not like you went I go for beta tomorrow and then we never hear from you again!! Anyway if you do go just say bye first. Ok! xx

2. Jaclyn October 13, 2014 at 23:46 #

You are in my feedly feed, so I get notified whenever there is an update. I hope all is well with your family, and you should take all the breaks you need!

3. Theresa October 14, 2014 at 02:04 #

Glad to hear from you whenever you can post!!

4. Daryl October 14, 2014 at 03:09 #

Use this space however you see fit. I’ll still be reading. 🙂

5. Connie October 14, 2014 at 16:26 #

Glad you’re baaaaaaccckkkk….. 🙂

6. jjiraffe October 14, 2014 at 18:22 #

So much I can relate to here. And never feel guilty for posting or not posting – this is your space. 🙂

7. Lise October 14, 2014 at 20:42 #

So glad you are staying! And the good thing about having your own blog is that you decide what and how often to write.

8. Babycrazykiwi October 17, 2014 at 09:44 #

I always read whether it’s been an hour a day a month a year. Great to hear from you chick!