Questions I’ve Been Asking Myself

24 Sep
  1. How is it that tomorrow I turn 34, and I still feel 14?
  2. Bunny is over a year old and I still sometimes don’t feel like she’s real. Is that just me or is it normal?
  3. Will I ever find the willpower to get my weight down?
  4. Is what I’ve been feeling lately contentment, or emotional detachment?
  5. What do I really want to be when I grow up?
  6. Am I dividing my work/family hours right? Because I keep on feeling like I’m not?
  7. Should I shut down this space and move to someplace less anonymous?
  8. If I don’t shut it down, is it fair if I only update here occasionally?
  9. If I open up a new, less anonymous space, should I promote it here?
  10. If I keep on travelling for work, will it affect Bunny? Will she be mad at me? Or traumatized?

Answers welcome, but not mandatory.

8 Responses to “Questions I’ve Been Asking Myself”

1. Courtney September 24, 2014 at 23:31 #

1. I wish I felt 14!
    2. Yes – totally normal. I remember feeling that on Ms first birthday still.
    3. Only you know, but I think so
    4. Don’t know
    5. A movie critic?
    6. You’re doing the best you can
    7. I love NOT being anonymous. But its not for everyone!
    8. Of course!
    9. I wouldn’t
    10. It will affect her, sure. But not necessarily in bad ways!

2. Lisa @ hapahopes September 25, 2014 at 17:04 #

1. Woo hoo! Yay for you!
    2. I feel the same way. That’s when I start staring at her like a lunatic. One day she will have me committed over it, I’m sure.
    3. If you find it, let me know where it’s at so I can get some for myself. I’ll fly to Israel if you find it there.
    4. I vote contentment. Your life has been very high emotion for the last few years. It’s weird to be lower on the drama scale
    5. I think everyone should avoid growing up at all costs.
    6. So hard to do. I struggle with this all the time.
    7. Only you can answer that question.
    8. You don’t have to be fair to us. Just yourself and your family. I know I’d follow you to your less anonymous space.
    9. Only if you’re comfortable with the possibility that this space will become less anonymous when people inevitably link the two together.
    10. You can’t look into crystal balls, Mo. You just have to do what feels best now in the moment and prepare for what may come down the line.

3. notundecided September 25, 2014 at 21:13 #

Happy Birthday!! I don’t have many answers for these, for you or for me, except #2: I don’t know if it’s normal, but it’s definitely not just you. I still sometimes look at Ike and wonder how he could have possibly gotten so big in a little over two years (he’s not at all big for his age), and then I try to zoom out and realize how small he still is, and then I’m all HOW IS THAT MY CHILD…HOW IS HE EVEN?!?!? I don’t honestly see that residual disbelief disappearing…it’s just awe, which…seems legit, no? 😉

Hope your day’s been lovely!!

4. Steph Mignon September 26, 2014 at 04:00 #

Ah! I will also be 34 this year! I’m new to your blog, but look forward to following. 🙂

5. Theresa September 27, 2014 at 02:20 #

1. I don’t know, but my twins are 16 months and even after all of the infertility I still can’t believe I’m old enough to be someones mom.
    2. Normal. I still feel that way some days.
    3. When you are ready to.
    4. My feeling is contentment..
    5. The next Britney Spears? KIDDING
    6, All you can do is the best you can do with what you know.
    7. If you’re ready to.
    8. Yes.
    9. Sure, why not?
    10. Sure it will affect her, but so would staying home, and so would working away from home but not traveling. It’s impossible to not affect her.

6. journeyformybaby September 27, 2014 at 02:24 #

2. Pretty sure that’s normal. I think it’s because they are just so great that we can’t even get over it! 🙂
    4. Contentment. You would know if you were detached. Believe me. 😦
    7. If you do, can we still follow you there?
    8. Nobody would want you to spread yourself too thin.
    9. It will probably get linked back to hear so if you want this space to stay anonymous then no.
    10. I’m sure it will affect her but not necessarily in a bad way.

I can’t answer everything! lol. I hope you do find the answers you need.

7. robin September 28, 2014 at 02:47 #

I am happy to read your posts whenever you post, no matter how infrequent. I’ve been following your story for a long long time (though I don’t often comment) and I would be sad if you left! My blog reader alerts me when you post something new so it doesn’t matter how infrequent, I read it. Anyway. … I don’t have answers to any of your questions, just please don’t go. 🙂

8. pjsarecomfyn October 4, 2014 at 06:19 #

2. Kids never feel real. They are tiny aliens that I still can’t figure out by what means they got here even though I distinctly remember pushing them out of my vag.

Also if you do move at least email me 🙂