Bullets and Bunnies: Out of It Edition

13 Aug
  • So I’ve been waaay out of it these last couple of weeks. I mean even more than usual. I started EMDR a couple of weeks back and I think that has something to do with it. Don’t get me wrong, it’s been ah-mazing, but I think it’s just a lot to process.
  • I’ve decided, my least favorite time of the month is the few days after pee-on-a-stick time but before AF shows up. It was its own particular form of hell this month. Luckily it’s over and AF has reared her ugly head. And I feel relief. Which I think means I’m crazy.
  • Speaking of crazy, I’m officially jealous of fictional pregnant people. This is how low I’ve gone. So sad.
  • Speaking of sad, even sadder is the fact that I’m now also diagnosing fictional characters. I recently finished “Gone Girl” (loved it, BTW), and I found myself diagnosing an RPLer. In a book. Le sigh.
  • Your response to my last post was overwhelming! So much that I haven’t had the time to reply to all of you. So here’s the status: The core group has been chosen. BUT if you wanted in, you will be in for guest spots if you’re up for it. More info coming soon, but I’m happy to say it’s coming together!
  • And now, a bunny.

13 Responses to “Bullets and Bunnies: Out of It Edition”

1. unexplainedrantings August 13, 2012 at 22:11 #

I loooooved Gone Girl! Awesome book! I found myself diagnosing RPL too. *Spoiler Alert* I also found myself insanely jealous whenever she turned up pregnant. The evil, fictional psycho woman can get pregnant and stay pregnant but I can’t?! Seriously unfair.

2. Belle August 13, 2012 at 22:22 #

I, too, am jealous if fictional pregnant people. And pregnant animals. And mama birds feeding babies. It’s bad.

3. Stinky August 13, 2012 at 22:59 #

Would be keen to hear more about the EMDR (only if you’re happy to share) I watched a session of that when I was on placement during my training and found the whole concept hugely intriguing. It would be good to hear about it from the users perspective

“but I think it’s just a lot to process”
    No kidding? But you’re being funny?!

4. Erin August 13, 2012 at 23:15 #

I did the same thing with Gone Girl! Psycopath? Narcissistic personality disorder? Heh.

5. Amy August 14, 2012 at 00:58 #

Interesting about the EMDR. A fellow BLM from one of my support groups told me about it last month. She lost her preemie son 3 years ago but still struggles, especially with lack of support from family, a problem I have, too. I haven’t looked into it yet myself…DH and I just started couples grief counseling for the time being. I hope you’ll share more about it, though…I might pursue it in the future.

6. Jenn August 14, 2012 at 04:34 #

I was jealous of the pg animals at the zoo last month. I don’t even know if I can watch one of my favorites – Modern Family this season. I will be adding that book to my reading list.

7. babycrazykiwi August 14, 2012 at 04:51 #

My least fav part of the cycle is about a week out from AF good ole PMS starts to show up and I get REAL mad at EVERYTHING. Its ten times worse because I know without fail that I am not pregnant. Right now I’m at this place where I think anything (animal or human) who can get pregnant with no hassle is just amazing and so so lucky.

8. MrsTypeA August 14, 2012 at 15:50 #

I just started Gone Girl!! I’ve had trouble getting into the first few chapters, but I’ll stick it out since all of you think it was good!! Totally understand the jealousy of even fictional people – it’s all the same feelings. Always love the bunnies 🙂

9. SRB August 14, 2012 at 21:30 #

I’m interested to hear more about EMDR. I have thought about it hear and there, but never got anywhere with it.

Erm… that bunny is kind of terrifying! 😉

• SRB August 14, 2012 at 21:34 #

*here. HERE. Jebus. The, uh, bunny. Freaked me out.

10. pjsarecomfyn August 14, 2012 at 22:59 #

Is that a bunny yawn? or a bunny about to eat someone’s face off?….I need to know.

I opened up my “ovulation predictor calendar” this morning and read “26 days to go!”…someone shoot me!…and then bring me back to life in 23 days.

• Mo August 14, 2012 at 23:04 #

Lol! I’m all for ttc comas. Oh- and the bunny is yawning :-p

11. Rebecca Pallack (@RPallack) August 15, 2012 at 00:10 #

So glad you got around to reading GONE GIRL. I read it for my book club back in June and loved it. They are going to make it into a movie!