Bullets and Bunnies: Definitely Not Ovulating Edition

12 Jul
  • So I decided to go for ovulation monitoring after all. I figured it would save a ton of money in pee sticks. I got blood tests done today, and according to the nurse at the clinic “nothing’s moving in there.” I go in again for blood tests on Monday morning, with a date with Ole’ wandy that afternoon. But right now I am feeling pretty down. I doubt I’ll ovulate this month, which means another month down the drain.
  • Who wants to look at my results and tell me I may still have a chance? You do? Ok, well here you go then:  E2- 105 , Progesterone – 1.93, LH – 14.6 . Have at it.
  • I’ve lost close to seven pounds already. I was really hoping this would be enough to jump start things. And I want cake.
  • I’m pissed at my body. Can you tell? Because I totally am. It needs to cooperate.
  • I think I’m going to beg Dr. Dexter for drugs again on Monday if there are no follies up in my grill.
  • Up in my grill. I can’t believe I actually wrote that. I totally can’t pull that off.
  • Urgh. Just – urgh.
  • Here’s a bunny – hopefully it will brighten your day a bit, because this post is a freaking downer.

18 Responses to “Bullets and Bunnies: Definitely Not Ovulating Edition”

1. Kathryn July 12, 2012 at 23:34 #

Honestly, losing weight with PCOS allowed me to ovulate regularly and on my own. I lost 60 pounds before conceiving though. But I was able to get my body onto normal 28-29 cycles without medication and with a normal 13-15 day LP. It can be done. It just can take a while.

2. Jenny July 12, 2012 at 23:44 #

Well, the bunny is cute. And hooray on the weight loss! Boo to the not ovulating, though. 😦

3. Jen July 13, 2012 at 00:10 #

Can’t say anything about the numbers, but that bunny sure is a cutie! I’m impressed about the weight loss – my lbs are going in the exact opposite direction :-/

4. daysofserenity July 13, 2012 at 00:25 #

7 pounds is alot! “They” (whoever they are) say that you shouldn’t lose more than one to two pounds a week, that if you do you won’t keep that weight off. So, 7 pounds is quite the accomplishment! One day at a time. You can do it!

5. Theresa July 13, 2012 at 01:19 #

My last was too. My IUI cycle was canceled and I’m pissed and depressed and upset and disappointed all rolled into one. Want to have a glass of wine?

6. Lisa @ hapahopes July 13, 2012 at 03:20 #

Seven pounds is awesome! You should be totally proud of that. It’s a great start! You should also totally work on your gangster speak.

7. Belle July 13, 2012 at 03:25 #

7 pounds is fantastic! For what it is worth, I’m super proud of you. As for the ovaries, they suck. All ovaries suck in my anovulatory opinion, though. Hang in there and when you are ready for a healthy chocolate cake recipe hit me up – I have a kick ass one that I serve to guests and no one ever knows it is both vegan and healthy.

8. missohkay July 13, 2012 at 03:47 #

The post totally wasn’t a downer. The grill part alone saved it even before I got to the bunny. I’m sorry about your lack of O but 7 pounds is a great start!! Come on MommyBody’ssey – cooperate!

9. Cristy July 13, 2012 at 06:19 #

7 lbs!!!!! YEAH!!! That’s awesome! Yes, I know you’re frustrated with your body. I’m frustrated with mine too. But, you’re making progress (far more than I am) and I’m hoping that it pays off very soon (because it will pay off, it’s just a matter of when).

P.S. I so want to steal this bunny.

10. Amy July 13, 2012 at 07:01 #

LOL, “up in your grill.” Isn’t that sort of the wrong end? 🙂

I think I’m right there with you on the lack of ovulation thing. I took Clomid this month, today was CD3 and my OPKs are a big fat nada. Weird.

Yay for losing 7! I’ve lost 8 as of Monday, but I’ve not been a very good WW girl so probably have gained a little back. I’m having surgery tomorrow and can’t eat anything after midnight, so I’m hoping a whole day of consuming nothing at all will make up for my previous 4 days of naughtiness. 😀

11. jjiraffe July 13, 2012 at 08:19 #

Dude! You’ve lost 7 pounds?! Amazing! Good on you!

Sorry about the ovaries, though. 😦

Love the bunny, as always.

12. pjsarecomfyn July 13, 2012 at 15:55 #

7 lbs is awesome! YAY! It is definitely stinky things are “moving” for you 😦 Let’s hope wandy has some better news next week.

13. Rebecca Pallack (@RPallack) July 13, 2012 at 19:37 #

I had to lose about 30 pounds before I started ovulating on my own again. 7 pounds is a good starter. Don’t give up hope.

14. jak July 13, 2012 at 22:45 #

7 lbs!!!! that’s great!!

dunno about the numbers tho. i only ever hear e2 back from my doc and not the other numbers…and, bhahahha, last time i heard e2 back from her it was 33, after a week of stims! FAIL.

hope you get some follies up in the shit, gansta.

15. Daryl July 14, 2012 at 07:32 #

7 lbs! Good for you! That’s a fantastic start. Love the bunny.

16. Stupid Stork July 14, 2012 at 19:53 #

Hmmm… I lost some weight PCOS style, and I am still a mystery ovulater. A mystery!

Sorry you’re not feeling positive about this month… The Follie grill-master sounds like a good plan. 😉

17. Pussy Parent July 16, 2012 at 00:38 #

What day in your cycle was that bloodwork taken? An LH of 14 is nearly a surge so it hasn’t happened yet but it still may. Congrats on the weight loss.

18. Emily @ablanket2keep July 16, 2012 at 20:16 #

7 lbs is awesome! Keep up the good work! That bunny looks like one of the bunnies I had named Sticky.