Longest. Pregnancy. Ever!

13 Jun

Exactly two years ago today I got my first BFP.

Since then I’ve joined the blighted ovum club. The D&C club. The ectopic pregnancy club. The repeat pregnancy loss club. The lap surgery club. The missing tube club. The incompetent cervix club. The stillbirth club.

Today, on the two year anniversary of that marvelous BFP, that led to three weeks of anxious joy followed by two years of heartache, I joined the one club I still hadn’t been admitted to: the “I have an RE” club.

The Russian, after all, is a high-risk OB and a Gyno surgeon. He doesn’t do hormones. So I got a referral from him, and an appointment to see my brand spanking new RE this Monday.

This, on the two year anniversary of our first BFP. 9 days before Nadav’s due date.

FML

Or as Shmerson says (and so would Comic Book Guy):

16 Responses to “Longest. Pregnancy. Ever!”

1. SRB June 13, 2012 at 21:06 #

Mo-Dog, this is the first step on a new road. I’m proud of you for keeping one foot in front of the other. xoxo

2. pjsarecomfyn June 13, 2012 at 22:30 #

Well it sucks to need one at all, but I am glad you are getting one! Just keep swimmin’ dude.

3. K.Smitty June 13, 2012 at 23:49 #

Well, although my heart still breaks for all your angel babies, especially sweet Nadav, I am really happy to hear you have an RE! I’m thinking RE + the Russian = take home baby for Mo and Shmerson! From what you’ve said about him, I have confidence that the Russian knows his junk. But hopefully adding the RE in the mix will put the missing pieces together so everything FINALLY works out and you’re in the “mommy club!”

Praying for you always!

4. Kristin June 14, 2012 at 01:01 #

{{{Hugs}}} Mo…I wish there was something I could do to help you reach your happy ending.

5. Cristy June 14, 2012 at 01:47 #

This milestone is a hard one. You and Shmerson have been through so much and it’s hard not to feel like you’re coming up empty handed. I can assure you, though, you’re not. Far from it. And though I wish that first BFP had resulted in your THB, I’m beyond proud of you for how much courage and determination you demonstrate every day. May the RE provide insight, answers and by working together, may there be another BFP very soon.
    Hugs and love, my friend.

6. Daryl June 14, 2012 at 02:21 #

To say it’s been a rough two years for you is the giantest understatement in the known universe. But I hope today marks another step forward, one that leads to your take home baby. Love and hugs.

7. Courtney June 14, 2012 at 02:44 #

I am so excited for you that you have an RE! YAY!!!!! Seriously, it really is easier when someone is leading you along versus you blazing your own trail.

Awesome, awesome news!

8. St. Elsewhere June 14, 2012 at 07:28 #

Glad that you have a referral. Not glad for the ‘clubs’ you had to join enroute.

Wishing you peace, and progeny!

9. Jay June 14, 2012 at 13:29 #

Ugh-we have something in common, it’s been 2 years (plus a few months of change) since my first BFP too. Sometimes, I’m super glad that we have absolutely no ability to forsee the future.

Hope the fresh perspective this new guy brings will shake things up wanamaker very good way!

10. Jay June 14, 2012 at 13:32 #

Argh-stupid iphone autocorrect!!

Wanamaker = shake things up

11. marwil June 14, 2012 at 16:45 #

Oh crap, I so wish you didn’t need this club. Hope you meet with someone great though that can give some directions from here.

12. RelaxedNoMore June 14, 2012 at 19:40 #

Some clubs just shouldn’t have any members at all. Not a single one. All of those you mentions definitely belong in the category.
    Glad you got a referral to an RE, though.
    All fingers crossed that you’ll finally get to be in the healthy-take-home-baby club real soon.
    Hugs!

13. Rebecca Pallack (@RPallack) June 14, 2012 at 19:44 #

I hope that going to see a different doctor will help in your pregnancy journey.

14. Lisa @ hapahopes June 15, 2012 at 02:23 #

RE+The Russian=Dream Team. It HAS to. The Universe totally owes you.

15. Emily @ablanket2keep June 15, 2012 at 03:29 #

I bet it will be difficult, but I think this will be awesome! I hope you love your RE as much as The Russian.

16. LisaB June 15, 2012 at 14:46 #

Thinking of you and sending love your way. I hope the new RE has some great insight for you!