Bullets and Bunnies: 18 Weeks and Newly Paroled Edition

21 Jan
  • Thank you guys so much for your support on my last post. I seriously don’t know what I would do without you.
  • We had an appointment with the Russian on Wed. Cervix is actually longer than it was pre-cerclage, so I’m off of bed rest! I can’t samba or anything, and I still need to take it easy, but at least I can start partially functioning. It still hasn’t totally sunk in. I’ve been stuck in bed for so long I wasn’t sure where to start. So I started by going to a wedding yesterday!
  • I couldn’t dance (booty shaking of any kind is still strictly forbidden, as is anything strenuous), but it was so fun to get out of the house and see friends I haven’t seen in forever! The best part? I’m finally starting to show and I got all of the wonderful attention that a baby bump gets, with the added bonus of getting it from friends who know what I’ve been through, so it felt extra special. I felt like a normal pregnant woman (with the exception of not getting out of my chair, but that’s manageable). It was awesome.
  • I am hating blogger right now. Do you have a blogspot blog? Well, chances are I’ve tried to comment on one of your posts in the last week and haven’t been able to get past the captcha screen. So Emily, Rebecca, Natalie, Jem, MJ, Advo.cat, and the 20 other people I’m sure I’m forgetting right now – I’m right there with you, I promise. It’s all blogger’s fault (I’m a bit behind on my WP commenting too, but with blogger it’s just shameful).
  • I’ve started to feel movement! And it hurts! Seriously, they never tell you that, do they? He’s not kicking yet, just kind of wiggling around in there, and it’s freaky! It’s something between AF cramps and the most awesome feeling ever. Which makes it weird.
  • I’ve decided to break up the rest of this pregnancy into manageable segments, otherwise I will completely lose my mind with worry. So, goal number one: make it to 24 weeks. I feel like I can’t really start doing anything like looking at furniture, or even buying real maternity clothes until I get there. 24 weeks. That’s 6 weeks from now. I can do that. Let’s just hope my cervix can too!

Hope all of you guys have a great weekend. Don’t have a bump pic today, but I have something even better – a bunny!!!!

23 Responses to “Bullets and Bunnies: 18 Weeks and Newly Paroled Edition”

1. me0me January 21, 2012 at 01:17 #

Since when do you have a thumb ring? 😉

• Mo January 21, 2012 at 01:23 #

I don’t. This is not my bunny. I don’t own bunnies. I just like them. You should know this. 😛

• me0me January 21, 2012 at 02:04 #

me was kidding! You is silly.

• Mo January 21, 2012 at 02:40 #

I is have preggo brain. Me gullible. Me like bunnies.

2. Daryl January 21, 2012 at 02:04 #

Hooray for feeling normal! And getting to experience normal pregnancy things! And being out of jail!

3. Trisha January 21, 2012 at 04:45 #

Glad you are off bed rest! That must be a huge relief!

4. Kristen January 21, 2012 at 08:00 #

Awww…a bunny! 🙂
    So glad you are off bed rest!

5. Heather January 21, 2012 at 09:09 #

Love your bunny.
    Glad you are off bed rest and enjoying your bump 🙂

6. starfishkittydreams January 21, 2012 at 10:08 #

Just stopping by to see how you are. I am so sorry the pregnancy is so painful and uncomfortable, but glad you are able to enjoy some positive attention and socializing (even if you have to skip dancing or getting up from the chair). I am hoping the discomfort and pain will turnaround soon. I naively thought it got things were supposed to get better, not worse, in the second trimester. Shoot.

I am so glad you made the big Facebook announcement and it was well received. Way to go public!

And thank you for the bunny video. I love your super cute finds!

7. LisaB January 21, 2012 at 14:05 #

Yay, glad you are feeling more normal!

8. RelaxedNoMore January 21, 2012 at 14:51 #

So good to hear you’re finally off bed rest and are feeling better!
    Hope the next “6 week increment” of your pregnancy will be miles better than the last one.

And I totally hear you on the blogger-comment-leaving-problem. It’s really annoying.

9. Rebecca Pallack (@RPallack) January 21, 2012 at 15:54 #

The bunny picture is so cute. I love bunnies too. Not much going on here. Might trigger tonight. I’m excited. Sorry that blogspot is giving you a hard time.

Glad to hear that you were allowed out of the bed for a bit to enjoy yourself. I miss dancing. I’m on pelvic rest right now too. Rather sucks!

10. marwil January 21, 2012 at 16:55 #

Yay for getting out of the house. Awesome.
    And boo for blogger acting up, noticed that too.
    Love the bunny, made me smile 🙂

11. Infertile Days January 21, 2012 at 17:54 #

i am so happy to hear you are off bed rest!
    take care

12. Elphaba January 21, 2012 at 20:48 #

Yay for a lengthening cervix (how on earth does that work anyways??) and being off bedrest. I told you we’d be welcoming Shmembryo in June.

13. TheStorkWhisperer January 21, 2012 at 23:42 #

I’m glad I’m not the only one experiencing problems with blogger. My laptop was going to end up hurled across the room. Good luck with the next six weeks!.

14. Emily @ablanket2keep January 22, 2012 at 03:27 #

I am so happy to hear all the good news! You really made me smile when you said you felt like a normal pregnant woman at the wedding! I bet that was a great feeling. Love the bunny 😀

Don’t worry about comments. Hopefully they will fix it soon. Probably messed a bunch up when they made the reply an option.

15. aprilvak January 22, 2012 at 17:46 #

Yay bunnies! I’m glad you’re up and about again. And I’m annoyed with blogger too.

16. slcurwin January 23, 2012 at 03:06 #

Hurts? Are you exaggerating or does it actually hurt? It always just felt like butterflys and gas at the beginning to me and then worming later, never hurt. What the heck you growing in there? Wolverine?

Yay for not being on bedrest anymore!!!

17. Port of Indecision January 26, 2012 at 06:38 #

Hurray for 18 weeks! That’s awesome!

18. Jem January 26, 2012 at 20:20 #

The only time movement hurt me was last week when she kicked me in the ass-hole. Literally. From the inside. I kid you not!

Sorry you are having problems commenting. Have no fear, I know you are there!!

19. embracingtherain January 29, 2012 at 03:29 #

Hooray for being off bedrest!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Bullets and Bunnies – Appropriate for the Holidays Edition « Mommy Odyssey - April 9, 2012

[…] done one of these in a while (and boy have things changed since the last one). I figured I was overdue for one, it being Easter […]