15 Weeks: 2012 and This is Sparta!!!!

31 Dec

Dear 2012,

Last year, in a desperate attempt at optimism, I wrote a letter to 2010, thanking her for the first half, which gave me the best wedding ever, and cursing her for the second half, which sucked so much it broke my brain.

This year, I have decided not to honor 2011 with a letter, because apart from the last couple of months, with this nicely progressing pregnancy, she pretty much sucked monkey balls.

So instead, 2012, I turn to you. I’m very optimistic about you, you know? I have high hopes for us. If all goes well you should be bringing me a baby in June, and hopefully some prosperity and peace in our new home. 2012, I’m counting on you to deliver the goods, avoid an apocalypse, and if all goes well I will write you a nice thank you note 365 days from now.

So hopefully we have a deal. Trust me, you don’t want to end up like 2011, sitting in a dark corner and being ignored. This isn’t a threat. Let’s just call it a humble request.

Sincerely,

Mo

So! This is my 300th post. Holy jeez. And I’m 15 weeks. Wow. This week I actually started thinking ahead to decisions like whether I want a doula, where I may consider giving birth, and what kind of birth I have in mind. I also had dinner with PM and her husband, where we discussed the ins and outs of baby shopping, and I had no choice but to marvel out loud at how I didn’t burst into flames. It was rather remarkable.

I have to say that my 300th post also being my end of the year post is pretty poetic. As is the amazing fact that I am actually 15 weeks pregnant while doing both of those things. Wow (wasn’t that a completely non-eloquent way to address the scope of the situation? Quality writing at it’s best, people!).

Now for the pic:

I think we’re up to about 30 to 70 in Shmaby to pizza ratio. Or so PM insisted at dinner the other night.

For all of you: may 2012 be cooperative, apocalypse-free, and give us all everything that we wish for.

Happy new year!!!!

9 Responses to “15 Weeks: 2012 and This is Sparta!!!!”

1. St. Elsewhere December 31, 2011 at 11:59 #

15 weeks…300 posts….goodbye 2011…how many milestones are you squeezing into one post, lady?

And happy on all the three….May the kiddo make his/her appearance safely in June 2012….may there be health and happiness for everyone in the Mo household!

2. Heather December 31, 2011 at 13:29 #

Happy New Year! 2012 is going to be good 🙂

3. Christina December 31, 2011 at 16:33 #

It took me ages to get why you had “this is Sparta” in the title. Once it dawned on me, I love it!!

Good bye and good riddance to 2011. Hello 2012! here’s to one of the best years yet!

4. Rebecca Pallack (@RPallack) December 31, 2011 at 23:42 #

Love the belly pic and I so love the bunnies! More bunny pictures please.

5. myskytimes January 1, 2012 at 16:37 #

Happy new year, Mo!
    May 2012 bring you nothing but happiness… Best wishes! xo

6. embracingtherain January 1, 2012 at 17:28 #

Happy new Year! I hope 2012 lives up to your agreement with it.

7. Port of Indecision January 1, 2012 at 17:46 #

I have to say that seeing this post pop up in my reader with “This is Sparta!” right above a pair of baby bunnies gave me a good laugh to start the day.

8. Emily @ablanket2keep January 1, 2012 at 20:30 #

WOW a lot of milestones, Congrats on them all! I love the bump pic and the bunnies! What a wonderful way to start off 2012.

9. jell jell @ I'll Sleep When They're Grown January 1, 2012 at 21:30 #

congrats on the 300 and the 15!