Bullets and Bunnies – Pregnant Zombie Edition

14 Dec
  • The funny thing about being on forced bed rest is that I’ve kind of gotten used to it. I spend all day doing absolutely nothing. So much nothing that I don’t know if I’ll be able to actually get back into the land of the living. I’ve been feeling a bit zombie-ish, but for now, I’m kind of ok with that.
  • We went to the Russian on Monday just to follow up after Friday’s scare. I got my first external U/S and there was joking all around that it’s about time I stop getting things stuck up my cootch. Shmaby is doing fine, and the Russian confirmed the low-lying placenta diagnosis. He’s not too worried, and thinks it will most likely right itself in time.
  • You know how sometimes someone says something to you, and for some reason, you just don’t understand the string of words? So the Russian says to me: “Avoid intercourse for the next couple of weeks.” I say “What?” He says: “Avoid intercourse” “What?” It sounded like a jumble, I don’t know what I was expecting – a complex medical term? It sounded like jibberish. He sounded it out: “A-VOID IN-TER-COURSE!” “Oh!” I say. The Russian laughs and looks at Shmerson “I guess you don’t really remember what that is huh?” I laughed my ass off. I seriously love the Russian.
  • He officially proclaimed that he doesn’t want to see my face before our Level 2 scan on January 4th. For once, I agree with him. As much as I love seeing the Shmaby, I don’t like all of these scares. I’m pretty much done with them, thank-you-very-much.
  • The thing about seeing the Shmaby in all its Shmaby-ness glory three times in less than a week, is that it all seems way more real now. I think this may actually stick. I’ll be 13 weeks on Friday, and I’m starting to really think I may be pushing out a take-home baby in about six months. Weird.
  • Even weirder? I didn’t burst out in flames for typing that out. Freaky. Though I do find myself resisting the urge to run to the bedroom to check on the Shmaby with the doppler each time I dare talk about this pregnancy as if it may last. 9 times out of ten my resistance wins out. I guess that’s a good thing. 🙂
  • Friday will be my first blogaversary. I’m working on a huge introspective post. Hopefully I’ll be de-zombified enough to finish it up!
  • And now, a bunny. I hope you guys are all having a great week!

11 Responses to “Bullets and Bunnies – Pregnant Zombie Edition”

1. Heather December 14, 2011 at 19:02 #

I’ll also be 13 wks on Friday 🙂 I guess its also a good milestone for your bloganniversary..
    Glad that baby is doing well and you are getting the rest you need.
    And that bunny is so cute. (My DH calls me Bunny)

2. Rebecca Pallack (@RPallack) December 14, 2011 at 19:14 #

Well its good to know that you’ve made it to the 13 weeks. I’ll keep you in my thoughts and prayers that in 26 weeks you’ll have the baby resting comfortably in your arms. Good Luck!

3. myskytimes December 14, 2011 at 20:09 #

Viva for dopplers… glad all is well despite the recent scare and (resulting?) bedrest.

You cracked me up with the intercourse thing. THAT word confused the heck out of me too when a doctor in SF asked me whether I have pain during intercourse. I had no idea what he was talking about it. After him repeating the weird word (that sounded like from a transport-dictionary), eventually I suspected what he meant and asked him: So does that mean SEX? He blushed… C’mon… treat a foreigner with easy words! How hard can it be to call it what it is? s.e.x.

Hope all will be going better in the next days… rest & relax. Much love! xo

4. Advo.cat December 14, 2011 at 20:45 #

It sure is nice to see all these positive things happening after everything you’ve gone through. Maybe there is justice in this world after all!

5. Rachel @ Eggs In A Row December 14, 2011 at 20:57 #

13 weeks! Eeeks! That is amazing and I’m so excited for you. This is big stuff! xoxoxo

6. chon December 14, 2011 at 22:18 #

Mo’s having a babbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbby

7. dspence December 15, 2011 at 01:28 #

Congratulations, Mo, both that Shmaby being fine and your confidence. So exciting!

8. Theresa December 15, 2011 at 03:24 #

So previous to this, I stared at the bullets and bunny posts wondering what on earth anything you wrote about had to do with gun bullets.

Then I realized you meant bullet points.

Yeah.

9. Emily @ablanket2keep December 15, 2011 at 08:35 #

YAY Bullets and Bunnies is back! I love reading all the positive stuff! I feel like you are back to yourself and it makes me so happy!

10. RelaxedNoMore December 15, 2011 at 21:46 #

Wow. 13 weeks. It’s so great that Shmaby is ok and that you’re feeling better – if zombie-ish.Proud of you for being able to resist the lure of the doppler!
    Hugs!