12 Weeks – Well isn’t This Just Awesome…

9 Dec

So two days – that was how long I had to revel in the awesome NT scan.

Warning: TMI Alert!

I woke up with morning with some major brown bleeding. Not just spots – there was gushing.

Honestly? I wasn’t that worried. I figured it was a result with my date with wandy a couple of days back.

But then, there was a clot. The bleeding stopped right after, but there was a clot.

First thing I did? Ran to the doppler and found a heartbeat. That calmed me down a bit, but I knew I needed more. I texted the Russian. His clinic is closed today but he told me to get my ass to an U/S ASAP.

So I called health services and found a doctor who saw patients on Friday (I couldn’t bare the thought of going to an ER), and off we went.

Shmaby is ok. Measuring 3 days ahead (!) and even waved hello to us (new pic up on the Shmaby page).

The emergency doc thinks the bleed is because the placenta is low, but he’s not sure that this is what caused it. Either way, he didn’t find any other cause and all looks well.

Just in case he ordered me on bed rest for a week. So that’s where we’re at. On the threshold of starting to enjoy this, and now bed rest and clots. Awesome.

We’ll be seeing the Russian on Monday. For now, I’m happy we got another peek and happier that we have a doppler in the house.

Urgh.

80% pizza to 20% Shmaby. I think.

19 Responses to “12 Weeks – Well isn’t This Just Awesome…”

1. Belle December 9, 2011 at 22:05 #

Oh so scary! I’m glad everything checked out and that you got another peak at the baby. Enjoy your week of bed rest!

2. Rebecca Pallack (@RPallack) December 9, 2011 at 22:18 #

Remember to take it easy.

3. missohkay December 9, 2011 at 22:24 #

This is one of those times that I shake my fist at the universe and threaten it. Shmaby will be okay, damnit! Glad Shmaby looked good today and thinking of all of you ❤

4. bodegabliss December 9, 2011 at 22:28 #

WHEW! So glad everything is okay. You had me worried for a second. I think that happens, though. I’ve heard from a few different women who had clots during their pregnancy. It scared the shit out of them, but in the end it was just a clot.

5. MJ December 9, 2011 at 22:28 #

Oh, Mo, I’m sorry. Bed rest sucks. Hopefully it’s just the one week and you’ll be back and running around! Where’d you get the doppler??

One other thing … I gave you a Liebster award. 🙂

6. Kizze' Talks About December 9, 2011 at 22:37 #

I appreciate your post! Happy to see you and the baby is a ok! Bed rest is probably best. Enjoy this time with your baby.

7. Rachel @ Eggs In A Row December 9, 2011 at 23:40 #

Shabbat Shalom. Keep it mellow and don’t give me another heart attack, ok, Shmaby???

Love you guys.

8. Jem December 9, 2011 at 23:55 #

Yikes! Take it easy, girl! So glad you had the doppler (best investment EVAH).

9. Emily December 10, 2011 at 07:16 #

So glad Shmaby is doing well. Wow, I like the sound of having a doppler around.

10. Infertile Days December 10, 2011 at 16:55 #

glad to hear everything was ok at the ultrasound. that must have been scary.

11. Heather December 10, 2011 at 18:12 #

Oh Mo, please look after yourself and rest well. Thinking of you and the Shemby.

12. Kristen December 10, 2011 at 18:19 #

Scary, scary, scary! So sorry you are having to deal with this but so, so glad all is looking well.
    And also, I nominated you for a blog award today on my blog. Don’t feel obligated to pass it on…just know that you are appreciated! 🙂
    XO

13. cattiz j December 10, 2011 at 20:52 #

Oh no, I would be scared too. Glad all is fine and you get to see your Doc on Monday as well. Take it easy girl.

14. dspence December 11, 2011 at 03:09 #

So glad to hear that the Shmaby is okay. What a scare!

15. jjiraffe December 11, 2011 at 08:20 #

DUUUDE, universe!! Chill out on Mo, please!! Please watch lots of bad TV and have Schmerson wait on you. Argh. This frustrates me on your behalf…hoping for an awesome U/S.

16. RelaxedNoMore December 11, 2011 at 14:07 #

Sending “Shmaby and you will be fine”-thoughts and hugs your way!

17. marriage20 December 14, 2011 at 00:34 #

I’ve been thinking of you pretty much nonstop. So sorry about your scare, but glad to hear that things are okay. Sending you peaceful vibes and hoping for a very BORING pregnancy for you from here on out! xoxoxo

18. slcurwin December 15, 2011 at 02:01 #

I guess that doppler can be pretty damn handy. Hows the bed rest going? I hope everything is still all good.

19. Port of Indecision December 22, 2011 at 02:58 #