9 Weeks – Is It Monday Yet?

18 Nov

Today I’m 9 weeks pregnant. The Shmembryo is either the size of a grape or an olive depending on which website you follow, but I’m still curious as to how something that is shaped like a seahorse can be the size of something that is generally round. I find that incredibly confuzzling which is yet more proof that fruit and veggie comparisons in pregnancy tracking are very silly.

I think a new system needs to be implemented. But I’m not quite sure what kind of system. I’ll work on it.

So this week in crazy things I’ve googled:

“Abdominal pain in early pregnancy”

“Brown spotting at 8 weeks”

“Loss of symptoms at 9 weeks”

Yep – you read that right. Not a twinge of pukiness or anything much else for that matter for two days at least. And the evil brown spotting is back.

Mo no happy.

I realize that all of this can easily be normal in a pregnancy. But I’m not normal and I’m once again freaking out.

The one thing that is (sort of) helping me latch on to sanity is the occasional pain in my lower stomach which could very well mean the Shmemb is growing. Which I hope it is.

Monday’s appointment with the Russian couldn’t get here fast enough.

And now a pic – gotta love the stripes right? You really can’t make out much. Ahh well.

Pizza to Shmembryo ratio: 92% pizza to 8% Shmembryo.

If anybody invents a time machine in the next 72 hours, please let me know.

19 Responses to “9 Weeks – Is It Monday Yet?”

1. Whoismom November 18, 2011 at 21:34 #

Hold tight Mo, I know from experience how crazy making this time can be, so hugs to you!

2. Rachel @ Eggs In A Row November 18, 2011 at 21:40 #

Gorgeous! I love it. Shmembryo is growing!

3. RelaxedNoMore November 18, 2011 at 22:06 #

Hang in there, Mo. I’m sure the Shmembryo is alright and growing!
    Huge hug!

4. teejay November 18, 2011 at 22:16 #

Think of it this way….maybe you are going to have a nice, uneventful pregnancy as far as symptoms go. And maybe Shmembryo is easing up on the pukiness a few weeks earlier than is the “norm”. You said you aren’t normal, right? Well, then getting over the nausea a little early would be abnormal, right? So maybe you are being abnormally normal? I don’t know. I’m trying here. I know you are freaking out a little bit and I get that…just try to hang in there and Monday will be here before you know it. I agree, I don’t like comparing a growing human to fruit or vegetables…it’s like apples and oranges. 🙂

5. bodegabliss November 18, 2011 at 22:22 #

I like what teejay says above. 🙂 I’m loving getting to see you every week, btw! And you know the same goes for you, just catch me on whatsapp if you need me. (seriously, dumbest name for an app ever)

Hang in there. Two more days! You can do it!

6. Rebecca Pallack (@RPallack) November 18, 2011 at 23:36 #

Keep your chin up, Monday will be here soon enough.

7. chon1203chon November 19, 2011 at 01:20 #

9 weeks – yee ha!!! First of all lets take a moment to think about that milestone and how awesome it is that you have got there.

Secondly, if Chippie could see my googling he would seriously commit me. I got a do’s and don’ts from my FS and it seriously said this in bold

You should not go on the internet and read things as they will only confuse or worry you.

ha ha ha ha

8. Esperanza November 19, 2011 at 01:21 #

The waits between u/s are incredibly long, aren’t they? Today at work I told a student that this was the longest week of my life (we have a break all next week for Thanksgiving) and as soon as I said it I thought, “no it’s not – the weeks I was pregnant were so much longer”.

I hope Monday comes soon and brings nothing but wonderful news.

Keeping you in my head and in my heart.

9. Esperanza November 19, 2011 at 01:22 #

I meant to say: Keeping you in my thoughts and in my heart. I guess “my head” is kind of the same as my thoughts, but it certainly sounds creepier, doesn’t it?

Sorry, I’m really tired right now.

10. Kristin November 19, 2011 at 03:02 #

Praying hard for you my friend. Pregnancy after multiple losses is so nerve wracking.

11. the bunless oven November 19, 2011 at 05:18 #

I had one week of measly queasiness, and then, right on week nine – everything stopped. No sore boobs. No dizziness. And certainly not a shred of morning sickness to be found.
    I freaked out, googled horror stories until I was in tears, and booked an emergency scan. Luckily, the nurses didn’t fob me off and were quite keen for me to come in immediately. That made me feel better and worse in equal parts. Everything was perfectly OK.

Please don’t beat yourself up about stressing out. I am six weeks ahead of you and I’m afraid to say I still have panics and horrible thoughts – they’re just a little fewer and far between now.

Hang in there x

12. Emily November 19, 2011 at 07:53 #

Thinking bout you lots! Hang in there. Hugz!

13. Jjiraffe November 19, 2011 at 22:40 #

Bunless oven is totally right. Hang in there! I remember too the agonizing wait between u/s.

14. Wannabemom November 20, 2011 at 03:29 #

Mo, I’ve been reading along with all your panic and totally understanding it (well, not totally, as I haven’t had the losses, of course). But remember all that is different about this time around. Our doctor said that once you hear a normal heartbeat, things are really looking good. (I’ve read that 70-90% of pregnancies continue after hearing a heartbeat — those are pretty good odds!). Hang in there, sweetie and before you know it, that belly will be 98% Schemby and only 2% pizza!

15. slcurwin November 20, 2011 at 04:40 #

I thought we weren’t supposed to wear horizontal stripes 😉 I’m very guilty of that myself.

I’m all for that time machine too. We could have a gay old time with that.

Have Shmerson give shmembryo a kiss for me and sing a song. Lets go for….”on top of spaghetti”. ok?

16. Port of Indecision November 20, 2011 at 22:17 #

I think Shmemby is probably growing. I had lots of cramping between weeks 9-12, I think the ole ute does some serious stretching then. But it still doesn’t matter what normal is, or what happened in other people’s pregnancies. All that matters is what happens in this one. I hope it’s nothing but brilliant news tomorrow.

17. RelaxedNoMore November 21, 2011 at 10:23 #

It’s Monday! Yea! And may it bring only good news your way! Hug!

18. teejay November 21, 2011 at 20:01 #

Just checking in with you…hope all is well.