8 Weeks – Introducing…. The Preggo Pass!

11 Nov

Ok, before you do anything else, go here. If you don’t get it, click here. In short – Cookie rocks.

So I’m officially 8 weeks pregnant today. In two days, we will be farther than we’ve ever been, but in fact – we already are farther than we’ve ever been, because we’ve actually seen the Shmembryo and have a confirmed heartbeat. It’s a bit unreal, really.

Oh! Before I forget – check out the top menus for the Shmembryo page, where I have put an obnoxious ticker, and posted the U/S pic. I’ll be putting bump pics here, and doing a weekly update, but everything else will be on the Shmembryo page. Thank you all for your awesome feedback on the last post.

So – how am I feeling? It all still seems pretty unreal. I’ve been trying to ignore the looming anxiety in the back of my mind, waiting until December 5th for our next scan, and so far I’m doing ok with it. Hopefully this will keep on going. I guess the fact that all I can really do lately is sleep helps with this. I’m barely functioning, sleeping about 16 hours a day. It’s awesome – seriously. But the real issue is that I have the attention span of a two year old, which means I’ve been sucking at catching up on my commenting. I’ve been reading all of your blogs, but I just can’t keep it together long enough to type a coherent comment 9 times out of 10, so I’m really sorry about that!

I still haven’t puked, but I’ve come pretty close, and I’m really looking forward to it (crazy, I know). Right now though, all I can eat is carbs so I’m assuming that’s keeping the pukiness at bay.

I’ve also found myself becoming a bit of an attention whore. Now that we have a picture of the Shmembryo my mom has started embracing this as well, and has started calling it “peanut” and rubbing and kissing my belly at every turn. Shmerson has been doing the same (the rubbing and kissing, not the “peanut), and honestly? I seriously love it. I never thought I would, but I do.

But the absolutely best part of this?  The Preggo Pass! Here’s the thing: everyone around me has been treating me with kid gloves. They won’t let me carry stuff, they won’t let me work too hard, they won’t let me do anything really. Considering that we are smack-dab in the middle of fixing up our new place this is certainly interesting.

I admit, some of this is not without its merits. I mean, I spent two hours the other day folding clothes and it left me absolutely spent. But even though I’m generally a stubborn, self-sufficient kind of gal,  it’s kind of nice to have stuff done for me. I’ve come to the point where I actually pull out a preggo pass when I want to. Last night it was my turn to walk Luna, and I was feeling particularly sleepy. I looked over at Shmerson with a sly smile and just asked right out: “Can I use my preggo pass tonight?”

How could he say no to that?

I’m telling you – this thing is genius. I highly recommend it. For reals.

So – my eyelids are drooping as I type, so I will leave you guys with my first “bump” picture at 8 weeks:

Pizza to Shmembryo ratio: 95% pizza to 5% Shmembryo. I have no illusions about this.

14 Responses to “8 Weeks – Introducing…. The Preggo Pass!”

1. Chon November 11, 2011 at 22:36 #

Hello baby!! If it’s any consolation my current bump, ok bloat is 100% McDonald’s, little Ronnie. Mate I don’t even like McDonald’s!!!! I am so happy for you babe it is just bloody fantastic. enjoy your naps, I am envious of your pass!!!!

2. missohkay November 11, 2011 at 23:21 #

Love the preggo pass. I always wanted to use it to make people get up for me on the train. Of course you couldn’t see that I was pregnant but I was closer to puking than anyone else there, so I totally deserved a seat 😉
    Yay for you embracing things 😀

3. Marie November 12, 2011 at 00:32 #

Ohhhhhhhhhh I get the pizza to Shmembryo now. I love it.

Also, I would be exhausted after folding clothes for 2 hours too. I think anyone would. So that may be less pregnancy and more… why the hell did you have two hours worth of clothes to fold?!

4. Kristen November 12, 2011 at 02:18 #

You look beautiful. And I love the preggo pass idea…I’m going to have to start using that! (Although in truth everyone around me is already telling me to rest, relax and let other people do stuff…)
    XO

5. Emily November 12, 2011 at 08:22 #

YAY! So exciting to see pics and red updates! Preggo pass is a great idea!

6. St. Elsewhere November 12, 2011 at 16:06 #

Laughing at the pizza to Shmembryo ratio….

The preggo pass is wonderful….I am glad you are able to use it.

And I lurved what Cookies with Milk did to Winehouse….

7. Port of Indecision November 12, 2011 at 17:57 #

So glad things are going well! The fatigue was KILLER for me in 1st tri. Seriously, every day I wanted to call out of work, but I knew it was pointless because more sleep wasn’t going to make me less sleepy.

8. A. November 12, 2011 at 18:25 #

You look great and so does Shmembryo…there’s a real baby in there! I have a question – if I remember correctly, you guys did karyotyping. Do you remember what is involved (i.e. paperwork needed, how to organize it, how the process worked and how long it took?). I am thinking of looking into it if this current IVF cycle is a fail (and unfortunately, I am not feeling so optimistic at this point…still not a single twinge or cramp to suggest anything at all is going on). Thanks!

9. BleedingTulip November 13, 2011 at 03:12 #

Loving the Shmembrio link at the top, the “bump” picture and the pregnancy pass 🙂
    I hear you on the not commenting on most blogs lately, although I don’t have being pregnant as an excuse, I’m just so tired from my job.
    *BIG HUG OF HAPPINESS!!!* I feel like saying “I’m so happy for you” doesn’t even cover it.

10. LisaB November 13, 2011 at 16:18 #

You look great! Love the pic 🙂 Preggo pass – that is so awesome!
    I’m still so excited for you and happy to see things progressing so nicely! Yay!

11. K November 13, 2011 at 16:32 #

You look awesome! Nothing wrong with a little pizza bump 🙂

12. Trisha November 13, 2011 at 20:32 #

I am so excited for you! Congratulations!

13. teejay November 14, 2011 at 17:05 #

It’s so good to pop in here and read such an upbeat post. I can just feel the happiness in your writing. I read just about every word with a smile on my face. Keep up the good work of not worrying too much. I think you are handling things just fine. Oh, and the preggo pass is a wonderful thing. The few days that I was in that condition I was able to enjoy that perk. We had to walk pretty far to one of my step son’s baseball games and the husband wouldn’t let me carry my own chair! It made me *heart* him all the more. So use it when you need it but also throw a few in there just to make your heart smile and to make him feel like he’s really helping things along.