Time to Embrace This

9 Nov

Ok guys, as promised, I am now attempting to enjoy this thing. I’ve got a whole month to go until our next scan, but I’m truly going to try not to let myself get stressed and actually enjoy being preggo for a change.

So this blog is taking on a new form, and I want to make sure you all are treated with the utmost respect. Yes, this is my space, but it wouldn’t be what it is without all of you, some of whom are still in the trenches. So…

Time for some polls!

Click away! And thanks. 🙂

23 Responses to “Time to Embrace This”

1. St. Elsewhere November 9, 2011 at 15:23 #

LOL….I can handle belly pics, but that is too many poll questions for a post….Ms. Mo!

Congratulations….When you call him the Russian, I imagine your OB as some really hot-looking, salt and pepper haired tall, dashing dude…please tell me if my imagination is correct?

And yeah, that Congratulations is for the gorgeous heartbeat you heard! Many many many more yippppeeee milestones to come…

BTW, even if you choose to integrate, ultrasound pics/belly pics in your main blog, do keep a separate page as well….it really helps…..and you can add your ticker to this separate page, in case you don’t want to clutter the main page…

Ummm….did I mention Congratulations?

• Port of Indecision November 10, 2011 at 02:39 #

You mean, like Carrie Bradshaw’s Russian?

• AK November 10, 2011 at 16:17 #

Baryshnikov!

• Mo November 10, 2011 at 18:18 #

I will not comment on this as I refuse to break your lovely illusion. 🙂

• St. Elsewhere November 10, 2011 at 20:08 #

How cruel, Mo. How very cruel.

• St. Elsewhere November 10, 2011 at 20:09 #

POI and AK….Better than him…

2. Flowergirl November 9, 2011 at 15:42 #

Great post!!!! Has made me smile today, which is good.

3. AK November 9, 2011 at 15:57 #

I am so not doing all those polls. If you want to keep pics linked out, well that sort of makes sense, but just because your Mommy Odyssey is evolving doesn’t mean you should censor yourself! Your struggles are only one part of your story, your joy is the other.

4. LisaB November 9, 2011 at 15:57 #

I love the polls lol! I hope you share it all with us! I’m happy for you!!!

5. me0me November 9, 2011 at 17:09 #

I am happy. That is all.

6. Christina November 9, 2011 at 17:27 #

Like many IFers that wind up succeeding in the “plan”, you are facing the same question about how to evolve your space. That is entirely up to you and what you feel comfortable doing. I’m not big on posting my own bump shots, but all for others that want to (I don’t even share mine with people IRL so it’s not specifically for you guys). If you are worried about others feelings but still want to share, go with the side page for those things.

But yeah for embracing it all! 30w later and I’m still learning how to do that!

7. April November 9, 2011 at 18:25 #

Yay! Let the embracing begin!

8. RelaxedNoMore November 9, 2011 at 20:01 #

Go, Mo-o, go, Mo-o! 😉 Let the embracing commence!

I minored in Sociology. I like polls 😉

9. bodegabliss November 9, 2011 at 20:37 #

Hahaha. Am I the only one that wanted the polls to go on? Hehe. So glad you’re embracing it! And I’m going to demand belly shots….so there you go. Love you!

10. Eggceptionally Blue November 9, 2011 at 20:46 #

Definitely belly shots…. let the rest of us live vicariously through you. You give me hope, knowing and seeing someone who really struggled to get there.

11. cattiz j November 9, 2011 at 21:27 #

Funny stuff! Hope you figure it all out in a way that feels okay.

12. Esperanza November 9, 2011 at 22:51 #

I hope you can let the anxiety go and embrace this pregnancy. I was never able to. I ended up on anti-anxiety meds and I was wreck until the very last months. There is nothing I regret more in my life than spending my whole pregnancy mired in fear. I would do anything to go back and relive it. If I’m ever lucky enough to be pregnant again I will do everything I can to embrace it, but I’ll never get that first pregnancy back.

Congrats again. I’m so happy for you.

Oh and I think you should do whatever the hell you want on your blog.

13. Infertile Days November 10, 2011 at 01:37 #

I think you should do whatever feels right to you, and I’m glad you’re going to try and enjoy this special time.

14. Kristen November 10, 2011 at 01:51 #

OMG, I laughed soooooo hard at your bunny poll questions. 🙂
    Glad you are trying to embrace this. We (or at least I) want to be there for all the good happy stuff you are about to go through! 🙂
    XO

15. Port of Indecision November 10, 2011 at 02:41 #

I hope you can begin to enjoy it, buddy. I just got to the starting to enjoy phase about, oh, a week or so ago. I always liked looking at belly pics, even when I was in the trenches. I dunno, I just find it fascinating. U/s pics are kinda meh, they all look the same anyway. And god, the meme. No one gives half a shit what you (and I mean that in the collective you, not the you-you) are craving.

16. Emily November 10, 2011 at 03:20 #

I personally am looking forward to it all! Bring it on! I think you should do whatever you want to do. It is your blog. I do like the idea of a separate page though. I am so happy you are going to try and embrace it all. I feel every woman should embrace their pregnancy however they want especially IF’ers. We deserve to celebrate and be as if not more happy than those other bitches. You have been through so much and you deserve to be happy.

17. The Cornfed Feminist November 10, 2011 at 04:51 #

I think the results of the excessive polling 🙂 show that your readers not only support you and want to live vicariously through you but that we will take baby paraphernalia in any way shape or form. Especially when it comes from someone who knows what it’s like to be where we are. I can’t wait to see all the pics and reports! Bring on whatever you want!

18. Artistmouse November 10, 2011 at 16:03 #

All that clicking was fun! 🙂

Congratulations again, Mo. Whatever parts of your pregnancy you want to share with us, we will celebrate with you.