By the Numbers

Number of pregnancies: 4

Number of take-home babies so far: 0

Number of times a sac has been viewed: 2

Number of times a heartbeat has been detected: 0

Number of anxiety attacks in the last 8 months: 1

Number of anxiety attacks in the last 24 hours: 1

Number of text messages sent to the Russian asking him to please let me come in earlier: 2

Number of times the Russian said yes: 0 (he did say no nicely though)

Number of days until the scan that will either show us a heartbeat or make me lose my shit: 14

I thought that time was supposed to fly when you’re doing big things like moving and remodeling a house. Apparently being in the early throes of a pregnancy for an RPLer negates that notion completely. Urgh.

Oh, and thank you everyone for your awesome comments yesterday. I love you guys, seriously.

Here’s a bunny, because Cookie gave me permission and I need to feel better:

20 Responses to “By the Numbers”

1. AFM November 1, 2011 at 22:30 #

I hope time speeds up for you and that you get to hear and see that gallpoing heartbeat in 2 weeks time. I am praying that this pregnancy brings you your rainbow baby. take care

• Mo November 1, 2011 at 22:50 #

Keep on bunnying. I love it! Totally going to steal that if that’s ok. 🙂

• aprilvak November 2, 2011 at 01:44 #

Of course! Glad you like it. 🙂

2. aprilvak November 1, 2011 at 22:34 #

I’m so sorry, Mo. I wish I knew a trick to make waiting easier for you. Or had an inside on black market ultrasounds. Keep on bunnying.

3. Rachel @ Eggs In A Row November 1, 2011 at 23:03 #

xoxoxoxxoxoxoxxo

4. missohkay November 1, 2011 at 23:47 #

❤ We are nervous right here with you. But for the record, I still have a good feeling about Schmembryo, even though it's damn hard to type.

5. bodegabliss November 1, 2011 at 23:54 #

14 DAYS?! really?! ugh. That’s a long time from now. 😦

I once counted up the amount of time I’ve spent pregnant over the last two years and it was 9 months. I was really pissed when I discovered that.

6. Cookie with Milk November 2, 2011 at 00:56 #

*hugs* Seriously. What we need is a time machine. Or some way to cryogenically freeze our brains while our bodies stumble around, doing what they need to.

7. Port of Indecision November 2, 2011 at 04:56 #

The beginning is the worst. It just drags and drags and drags. I HATE it.

8. Emily November 2, 2011 at 05:49 #

missohkay said it perfectly Hugz!

9. Marie November 2, 2011 at 06:10 #

I don’t understand why you need permission for a bunny.

10. JM November 2, 2011 at 07:14 #

I would be pretty wiggy if I had to wait another two weeks too. Seriously wiggy. But you know what? This is going to be the big one. The one that you get to take home and snuggle and dress up like a bunny for their first Halloween (do you do that in Israel?) Or their first Pesach.

Either way- here’s hoping you can stay calm-ish enough to get through the next 14 days. Hey, pee on a stick! Any old stick will do, even chopsticks! It might make you feel more normal 🙂

11. Flowergirl November 2, 2011 at 11:02 #

14 more days – that sucks! Get to this weekend, then you have a week, then another weekend and then a couple of days – so just 4 units of time – does that help? And do some meditation or something during this time. And move house. Whilst it feels forever now, each day without incident is a little bit better.

12. St. Elsewhere November 2, 2011 at 13:57 #

Well, end of 14 days, I hope you get to know what a galloping horse sounds like…..that’s how it sounds to me, lady!

All the best!

13. St. Elsewhere November 2, 2011 at 13:59 #

Have a schedule….movie ABC on such and such….manicure/pedicure/haircut on two different days…dinners outside the house with Shmerson on xyz days and so on…..and books….and more movies…..and then the Russian….

14. mothernatureschmature November 2, 2011 at 22:18 #

You are amazingly strong. I don’t know how you do it and still manage to have words for everyone else.

15. RelaxedNoMore November 3, 2011 at 00:23 #

Hang in there! Take it one day at a time.
    Big hugs!

16. Elphaba November 3, 2011 at 14:24 #

It’s like one of those Mastercard commercials… only not as fun. Hugs.

17. Belle November 3, 2011 at 15:34 #

Mo, I’m terribly behind on my commenting. I want you to know that I think of you and your Shembryo Every Single Day. I’m not kidding. I am sending you as much strength as I can muster. You are an amazingly strong woman who has been so supportive and inspirational to other woman battling infertility. There is not a doubt in my mind that you can’t handle whatever the future holds. Big hugs all the way from Kentucky.

18. Erin November 3, 2011 at 22:10 #

Ay yi yi. I am sending best-possible-outcome vibes your way.