Bullets and Bunnies: Out Damn Spot! (Sleepy Edition)

25 Oct
  • Yesterday, I saw a single solitary brown spot. It ruined my day. Does it ever get any easier?
  • I have been such a terrible blogging buddy. My reader is piling up and I’ve been sucking at commenting (and it’s ICLW, too! Bad me!). Things are just craaaazy.
  • Why are they crazy, you ask? Well, for starters, we’re moving out of our old place on Thursday, and still hard at work on renovating the new one. The new apartment won’t be ready until the second week of November, but we still need to get out of here to make way for the new tenant so we’re going to have to crash at my parents’ for the next ten days or so. Fun times (notice the complete lack of cynicism in my tone?).
  • Speaking of crashing, I have become a sleeping expert. I think over the last few days, I’ve slept around 14 hours a day. Mind you, I’m not complaining. The sleepiness is part of what calmed me down with that single solitary spot yesterday, but it’s been eating up all of my time, and I feel terrible for not following the blogs as I should, and leaving too much of the packing to Shmerson. Please feel free to beat me up in the comments.
  • I have two (!) job interviews tomorrow, and with that and the floors being installed at our new place, I’ll be out of the house all day. Let’s hope I don’t fall asleep at the wheel, or at the interviews for that matter.
  • Hopefully I’ll be back to form by Thursday evening, just in time for Group Therapy Thursday!
  • To make up for neglecting my bloggy duties, here’s a bunny:

14 Responses to “Bullets and Bunnies: Out Damn Spot! (Sleepy Edition)”

1. Rachel @ Eggs In A Row October 26, 2011 at 00:11 #

You don’t have time to worry about a spot! A wise woman just told me via text message, “Don’t worry so much! You’re good!’ 🙂

I love you! Hang in there!

2. Marie October 26, 2011 at 01:07 #

BUNNIES ARE SO CUTE!!!!

3. Infertile Days October 26, 2011 at 02:00 #

Think of it this way – sleepy is a good sign of pregnancy!

4. Theresa October 26, 2011 at 02:16 #

Spotting is more common than you’d think, or so I’ve been told. As long as its not red, you should be good! Good luck on your interviews!

5. Kelly October 26, 2011 at 02:30 #

Moving?! YOIKS. Good luck with the job interviews.

6. chon October 26, 2011 at 04:35 #

you are never going to shake the fear until that baby comes out at the end BUT try and wipe and not look at the TP.

Good luck with all the other stuff and you have been busy organising baby showers and stuff you know, we don’t expect you to be all over it all of the time!

7. Christina October 26, 2011 at 04:43 #

We can trade sleep schedules if you’d like 😉

As for the spot, I can honestly say it doesn’t get easier. Over the weekend, I was itching my numb right thigh/hip and apparently scratched something. When I went to use the restroom just after that, I started to freak the F out as there was red blood on the TP (that brushed my leg). Even after I figured out it was not from “within”, I’m still on vigilant spot patrol each bathroom trip. Just keep in mind, a bit of brown (old) blood happens in the 1st trimester, especially the first few weeks when things are fully settling in and starting the expansion. (I had a whole evening of brown bleeding this go round and things are fine so far!).

congrats on the move to the new place and the interviews!! 10d at the folks isn’t that horrible a thing. Free cooking and pampering from mom!

8. Lise October 26, 2011 at 09:52 #

I hate those spots! Go away immediately! I’m a chronic spotter, my body just seems to love it (pregnant or not), bah!

9. Flowergirl October 26, 2011 at 11:39 #

The ladies have already said all that I know. about spotting

I’m also knackered, but from the drugs I’m on. Don’t try to do too much at this time.

Also, I’ve asked my other half if I can get a house bunny (or any bunny) and he has said no, so please keep up the bunny fix for me!

10. iamstacey October 27, 2011 at 05:51 #

Good luck with the job interview, and with surviving at your parents! You’ll be in your fancy new pad in no time! I have no advice on the spot – all spots cause panic in this household. I so hate the spots, too. 😦 Try thinking about anything else. I know, bunnies! 🙂

11. BleedingTulip October 27, 2011 at 06:12 #

Good luck with the interviews and the moving. Don’t feel bad about the lack of blogging… I’m down to blogging about once a week myself,.

YAY BUNNY! 😀

12. embracingtherain October 27, 2011 at 07:25 #

I hope the spots stay away from her on out. Good luck tomorrow at the interviews! Please take care of you and don’t feel bad about your lack of commenting-you have a whole lot going on right now and your body needs the sleep.

13. dididiana October 27, 2011 at 19:48 #

Good luck with moving, job interview and time at parents! Sending you a spots-banishing. Take good care of yourself and take all the sleep you can get – if you’re tired, you obviously need it (to state the obvious).

14. Lynn October 28, 2011 at 00:17 #

Sleepy is a good thing! (Try not to worry about the spot.)

I’ve been sleepy a lot lately, too, but I don’t have a good excuse. Hopefully you’ll stay awake during your interviews and definitely in the car! Good luck with the move!

ICLW #35