Bullets and Bunnies: Announcements Updates Stuff, and Things

15 Oct
  • Still feeling preggo as heck, but no betas yet. A couple of you asked in the comments, so here’s what the next week is going to look like: Because of the holidays here people are on vacation and schedules are wonky. So, right now, the plan is to get the first beta draw on Sunday morning, and then the second on tuesday. I haven’t been able to reach the Russian (he may be on vacation) yet, but I’ll try to get him to squeeze me in sometime this week (though it may still be early). If I can’t reach the Russian, I’ll bite the bullet and go in for a private consult with Twofer. It’ll cost more, but I want to get my butt next to an U/S ASAP. Speaking of – I’ve read some conflicting reports about this – any of you ladies know how soon I’ll be able to see a sac? I need to know the Shmembryo is in the right place, stat!
  • Group Therapy Thursday isn’t dead, but I’m cutting it down to once a month or so. I’ll probably stick to posting it on ICLW weeks, because the more feedback the better. That means the next one is coming up! Click over to the last post to submit your questions!
  • Now, an announcement: I know a lot of my readers are also bloggy friends and readers of Elphie’s blog, eggsandsperm.com . So Elphie’s due to go in for her C-Section in the beginning of November, and it’s only fitting that we throw her a virtual baby shower!! Yay!!! Here’s how you participate:
  1. Fill in this contact form:

2. If you have your own blog, then on Monday, October 24th, you will write a post about what Elphie’s journey to mommyhood has meant to you, and include a picture of your present to her little girl. I will provide you with Elphie’s contact info so you can mail her the present.
  3. If you don’t have your own blog, but still want to participate, you can email me your post and I will put it up here. I’ll contact everyone who is interested with more details.
  • That’s all for today. I’m off to collapse. Thank you everyone for your awesome support over the last couple of days. I’m feeling pretty calm right now. Let’s hope it lasts. In the meantime, here’s a bunny!

14 Responses to “Bullets and Bunnies: Announcements Updates Stuff, and Things”

1. Rachel @ Eggs In A Row October 15, 2011 at 02:49 #

I’m so excited for the baby shower! No stupid games and if I get all awkward and drunk y’all won’t care and/or know the difference!

2. Angela October 15, 2011 at 03:25 #

I’ve seen a yolk sack as early as 5w4d

3. Elphaba October 15, 2011 at 04:31 #

Ah beta tomorrow! Yay!

And we saw the sac at 5w4d too I think.

And virtual baby shower–so cool! I’m so excited 🙂

4. Marie October 15, 2011 at 04:33 #

That’s not a real bunny!

And should I show Elphie her present from us or should we surprise her? Since it will be pretty late…

5. Brooke October 15, 2011 at 10:53 #

mo-typically 5 weeks or hcg level above 1200 will be when a good us tech can find a gestational sac.
    6000 hcg or about 6 weeks for a fetal pole!
    kmfx for you!

6. cablearms October 15, 2011 at 12:28 #

Mo, i have everything crossed for you – even my legs!

7. LisaB October 15, 2011 at 13:33 #

Ahhh I am hoping and praying your lil bean is in the right spot! Sorry about my earlier comment of stick baby stick, I just saw how you don’t like that. Oops! Stick in the right spot, baby!

8. Cookie with Milk October 15, 2011 at 14:53 #

We went in for our ultrasound at 6w, and while they did find a sac and a slow heartbeat (it sped up as the embryo grew), we were only measuring 5w2d.

9. bodegabliss October 15, 2011 at 19:54 #

Yay! I’m so glad we’re going to do this, because just yesterday I was thinking about this. I’m wondering if I could keep the present a surprise, though? I don’t have to, I’m happy to go along with everyone else, but I just thought it would be fun for her to open it at home.

I’ve gone in at 5 weeks and see a sac. So you should be able to! I’m not sure if before 5 weeks you can really see anything. I can tell you’re feeling calm. You’re just radiating it. And that, my friend, is pretty awesome. 🙂

Love you! xoxo

• bodegabliss October 15, 2011 at 20:03 #

I just realized that by sharing the present on the blog, then everyone gets to see it and it’s more like a real baby shower! Duh! So I’ll totally share it. 🙂 Sorry I’m a bit slow. hehe.

10. Mrs. Brightside October 15, 2011 at 21:38 #

My week was kind of crazy so I can’t remember if I’ve chimed in to say congrats on the bfp! here’s to what i hope is the beginning of IT and all you’ve been hoping for. do whatever it takes to stay sane waiting for each test and milestone!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Virtual Baby Shower « Yolk: A blog about eggs and sperm - October 15, 2011

[…] is just a quick note to say Mo is throwing me a virtual baby shower! How sweet is that? If you’d like to join in the fun, […]

2. The final week « Yolk: A blog about eggs and sperm - October 24, 2011

[…] of course, the most exciting thing is that it’s my virtual baby shower tomorrow. I am so, so excited to see what it will bring and thank everyone that’s […]