Bullets and Bunnies: ICLW Edition!

21 Sep

Happy ICLW everyone! For ll of you that are new here, here’s the long and short of stuff and things.

• I’m what some like to call a “fertile infertile” – three miscarriages, two of them suspected ectopics, all of them in the last 15 months. I had a lap in August to get Ole’ Lefty removed. So now we’re TTC with one tube (infertile chic!) and hoping the next one sticks.
  • I’m turning 31 this Sunday! This time last year I was pregnant for the second time, and in the deepest funk of my life, about to find out that I was having another miscarriage. A month later my brain broke. Three months (and lots of happy pills) later I started this blog and started to pick up the pieces. Hopefully 31 will be a better year. I’ve managed to find some peace and meaning through all of this, which is pretty awesome.
  • Another reason that this year is looking better is that Shmerson (that would be my husband) and I are moving into a brand spanking new (to us anyway) place at the end of next month! We’re really looking forward to it. Though now the process means that my head is exploding between applying for a mortgage and picking out kitchen tiles. But it’s a good heady-explode-y, I swear!
  • AF showed up early this week, and I was convinced it was another ectopic. Luckily, 15 or so pee-sticks (including two Rolls Royces  FRERS) have proven that my paranoia was unwarranted. Whew.
  • That’s basically all that’s new with me. Have a poke around if you feel like it.
  • Oh! And if you have anything that’s bugging you and you feel like getting it hashed out outside of your own blogs, in an anonymous or just different setting, Group Therapy Thursday is tomorrow! Click on over to the launch post to submit your questions.
  • I look forward to finding some new blogs to add to my reader and getting to know you guys! So say hi in the comments if you like!
  • And of course, as usual, here’s a bunny (I like bunnies. They’re cute):

29 Responses to “Bullets and Bunnies: ICLW Edition!”

1. MJ September 21, 2011 at 20:45 #

Hi there chica!! A little b-day present is on its way from Minnesota … it might be late though, since it’s flying around the world. Hope you enjoy them! 🙂 MJ

• Mo September 21, 2011 at 22:45 #

YOU OOZE AWESOME SAUCE. Just sayin’ 🙂

2. Kathy September 21, 2011 at 20:47 #

I am sorry for your loss! I have had two miscarriages and an interstitial ectopic pregnancy in the past, which took my right tube. I was able to conceive again after that on my own, though it was years later and after many rounds of ART cycles (including IVF and FET).

Happy (almost) Birthday! I do hope this next year is a better one for you and I am proud of you for being able to find some peace and meaning through your struggles over the past 15 months of your life.

Congrats on your new place! My family and I moved into a new house two months ago and it has been wonderful and overwhelming! Moving isn’t easy, but we love our new place and intend to stay here for a very long time. I wish you the best with your move and transition!

I am glad that your recent AF was not another ecotopic.

I will have to go check out your Group Therapy Thursday, sounds interesting. I just launched a new “blog hop” on my blog this week called Time Warp Tuesday. I would love for you to click over and check it out. I enjoyed reading your post. Thanks for sharing and I wish you the best.

Take care,

Kathy

ICLW #8

• Mo September 21, 2011 at 22:46 #

Hi Kathy!
      Just read up on your blog hop. Sounds awesome! Especially since it’s named after something close to my heart. 🙂 I look forward to participating in it soon!

• Kathy September 21, 2011 at 22:50 #

That’s so cool that you were a RHPS cast manager! Excited that you plan to participate in the blog hop too! 🙂

3. Deborah September 21, 2011 at 21:18 #

Here from ICLW – Happy Birthday! Sometimes it is so helpful to have *something* to be happy about, even if the main thing that’s bothering you is still there. Best of luck with the new house, too!

• Mo September 21, 2011 at 22:46 #

Thanks Deborah!

4. bodegabliss September 22, 2011 at 00:11 #

Yay for birthdays [two days apart]! You know, I think you’re already setting up for your next year to be 10,000 times better than this past year. Look at the improvements you’ve made in just a few short months!

I’m beyond proud of you, my lady, and love you so much!

xoxo!

• Mo September 23, 2011 at 00:43 #

I love you too! xoxo

5. eggsinarow September 22, 2011 at 00:18 #

1. This bunny is KILLING me. So cute.

2. Birthday girl! I love it! BB: Your birthday is this week, too?

6. Tippy September 22, 2011 at 01:08 #

Stopping by from ICLW (#19). Congrats on the move! I hate moving and love it at the same time. Bunnies are cute. One of my college roomates had a bunny for a pet.

7. K September 22, 2011 at 01:13 #

Hello! Happy birthday and thanks for your comment on my blog 🙂 I’ve followed your blog for a while and have always enjoyed it. Sending you hugs and good wishes!

8. Kelly September 22, 2011 at 01:23 #

Love your writing style! Congrats on the house – definitely nice to have exciting, NEW things to focus on to take our minds off of all things IF related! Bet wishes to you that 31is YOUR year! Cheers!!!!

ICLW #4

9. Ducky September 22, 2011 at 01:49 #

Thanks for your comment on my blog. It’s nice to find recurrent loss sisters (not so nice for the reason, but YKWIM.) Happy ICLW!

10. Donor Diva September 22, 2011 at 02:30 #

Congrats on your new place! I remember when DH and I bought our first place almost 7 years ago now…OMG!! Hoping 31 is a good year for you…I am hoping it is a good one for me also.

ICLW #20

• Mo September 23, 2011 at 00:42 #

Hear hear on both counts!

11. Infertile Days September 22, 2011 at 02:40 #

This is the my favorite bunny yet.
    Have a great birthday!

12. Port of Indecision September 22, 2011 at 03:04 #

I’ve also seen the term “semi-fertile” which I feel also fits us hab ab’ers quite well. Like, we are fertile…but not really.

• Mo September 23, 2011 at 00:42 #

oooohhh…. semi-fertile! That sounds tasty!

13. Lynn September 22, 2011 at 05:04 #

FIrst of all, Happy Early Birthday! Hope you have a fabulous one!

It sounds as though you really have been through the ringer! My Hubs and I are also TTC with only 1 tube (lost mine due to it being embedded in a very, very large ovarian cyst that was removed 4 years ago) and are now also venturing into the realm of adoption.

Another similarity? We just moved into a new home. In fact, we’re still moving the furniture in!

Looking forward to following your blog!

Happy ICLW
    ICLW #12

• Mo September 23, 2011 at 00:41 #

Thanks Lynn! Congrats on the move!

14. Cattiz J September 22, 2011 at 10:50 #

Happy ICLW!

The Thursday Therapy is a great initiative =) Looking forward to the next one which should be posted sometime today, it’s almost 10am in my timezone!

15. Sarah September 22, 2011 at 14:48 #

Happy Birthday and Happy ICLW!!!!

I strongly believe that the 30s are the best years of our lives!!!

ICLW
    #27

16. Natalie September 22, 2011 at 16:18 #

Holy Shit Balls Batman (Totally what Robin meant to say, down with censorship!) Is that a mail opening bunny? Please tell me that is your magic bunny? That would be awesome!. Hi! I thought I would come stalk you…..guess it isn’t stalking if we’re both on the ICLW list huh? Thanks for the comment! And I am totes going to poke around in here, that’s what he said….am I right? (awkward). I hope 31 is the bestest year in the history of the planet and that righty brings home a victory! Have a happy b-day.

• Mo September 23, 2011 at 00:41 #

Alas, it is not my own magic bunny. Though having a magic bunny would be awesome. I should look into that. 🙂

17. Jem September 22, 2011 at 20:46 #

Hey, that’s one cute bunny. I wonder if I can teach my cat to do that trick. Somehow I don’t think so.

Happy (early) Birthday!

18. cablearms September 22, 2011 at 20:59 #

Bunnies and almost birthdays…oh my!

19. Patience September 23, 2011 at 02:11 #

Here from ICLW.

I am so sorry for your losses. I’ve also “earned” the distinction of RPL and it’s just hard. I went from being thrilled with the idea of being pregnant, to now terrified of the idea. We’ve been on this path way too long, and hope to finally find our missing piece through open adoption.

Congrats on the move! That sounds very exciting!

20. embracingtherain September 26, 2011 at 04:29 #

Happy Birthday! Glad that this last cycle wasn’t another ectopic.