Bullets and Bunnies: The Rolls Royce of Pee-Sticks, and Our New Apartment

14 Sep

I figured this was a better title than “thought vomit”, since I end up using bullet points and posting cute bunnies anyway. May as well be clear about it, in the alliterative sense… 🙂

• We got the results from our Karyotyping tests today. I’m relieved and happy to tell you all that both Shmerson and I are A-OK. All chromosomes are where they should be. One more thing to cross of the list of worries.
  • I’m exhausted! We finalized the deal on our old apartment last Thursday, and ever since we’ve been running around applying for mortgages, ordering renovations, picking out wood panel floors, and comparison shopping furniture. The decorating part is awesome, but everything else is a headache and a half. I haven’t had a chance to breathe, and barely a chance to sleep. I can’t wait until mid-october when we finally get to enjoy the fruits of all of this (and our new compounded interest debt. Though we won’t actually enjoy that, but I guess it comes with the territory. Ahh well). Also – I’m sorry I haven’t been able to reply to comments or catch up on your blogs! I promise I’ll be back in the land of the living soon. Or at least in time for Group Therapy Thursday so keep those questions coming! 🙂
  • My FRER’s came in the mail (finally!) last night. That’s First Response Early Result for you non-pee-stick-freak people. I swear, these things are the Rolls Royce of Pee Sticks. Of course I used one this morning (9DPO) and it was a BFN. The thing is, these pee sticks are so awesome I didn’t even care. Seriously. I have never seen a cleaner single line in my life. Today while furniture shopping, I spent a good 15 minutes praising their virtue to my (very confused) mom. She only looked at me funny, like, twice. Maybe three times. I don’t care. I love these things! No wonder they’re so expensive! I just wish they sold them here. In my stupidity, I only bought a two-pack, and I don’t want to waste the second one. It’s so pretty, I can’t bring myself to pee on it. That’s weird. I know. But here’s the bright side: I’m holding off on peeing until 12 DPO because of it. If AF doesn’t show up, then I’ll use it. If the bitch rears her ugly head, then I have another pretty little FRER for next month. I know all of this is weird. I don’t care. Spend enough time peeing on sticks and you’ll become a connoisseur, as  apparently I’ve now become. Next I’ll be examining them for fruity undertones and viscosity or something. I don’t care. These pee sticks are so awesome, they made the BFN less painful. Or maybe it’s just because I know it’s early, and I’m generally doing better with things. But still. FRERs. They are sooooo worth the money.
  • At the home improvement store today, I found glittery purple paint for kid’s rooms. I squeed like a 5 year old. I seriously want a girl (if a pregnancy ever manages to stick) just so I can cover her room with sparkly purple paint, faeries, and butterflies. Gender stereotypes be damned! I’d do my own bedroom that way- you know-if I wasn’t almost thirty one and married to a guy. Darn age and stuff. I wants me some sparkly purple!
  • Overall, I’m doing good but I’m fried. All of this budgeting and logistics is not my thing. I’m so glad I chose a career in the arts. I seriously don’t know how all those lawyers, bankers, accountants, etc. do it.
  • That’s all for today! But of course, I won’t let you guys go without a bunny. I keep my promises goshdarnit! So here ya go:

15 Responses to “Bullets and Bunnies: The Rolls Royce of Pee-Sticks, and Our New Apartment”

1. Infertile Days September 14, 2011 at 00:24 #

WOW, you really know your pee sticks!
    Great news on the karotyping! YEA!
    Hope all the running around for your apartment takes your mind off of POAS.

Take care

2. eggsinarow September 14, 2011 at 00:39 #

Yay for karotyping! I love how happy the pee sticks make you, because if we didn’t find happiness in this stuff, where would we find happiness? Also: glittery purple sounds amazing!

3. Kristen September 14, 2011 at 02:03 #

Yay, a bunny! Why do they make me so happy?!? I don’t know, but probably for the same reason I think sparkly purple paint sounds like the best thing ever.
    You sound really good and I am so, so glad. So much good is happening in your life right now, we just need a BFP to top it all off, right?!?
    Oh, and I’m glad the pee sticks are making you happy. 🙂
    XO

4. mothernatureschmature September 14, 2011 at 02:05 #

Great news on the karotyping! Celebrate by covering something (anything!) in purple sparkly paint!!!

5. Elphaba September 14, 2011 at 03:00 #

Damn, I was hoping this was a BFP announcement. Well yay for the karotyping results at least!

6. Belle September 14, 2011 at 03:52 #

* I’m so excited about your new place. I am a remodeling/decorating nut and just get so giddy when people have new space to make their own. I look forward to hearing your updates!
    * Super super glad the genetic testing came back a-ok.
    * Those pee sticks are the best. I’m a snob and only pee on them, but that is not such a big expense seeing as how I have only completed ONE cycle in the past nine months so I’m allowed the extravagance!
    * And finally, these bunnies make me happy. When I was a little girl I had an imaginary friend named Melissa (I have no idea why) and Melissa was a human-sized bunny. Since then I have stopped talking to imaginary human-sized bunnies but still have a soft spot for them.
    * These comment bullets are just for you 🙂

7. BleedingTulip September 14, 2011 at 06:46 #

I think those are the ones I started out with. You know, thinking they were the only ones I would ever have to buy because I would get pregnant ASAP. Now I buy the cheap ones. Because it could a long time, a lot more pee sticks between me and finally getting a positive. But it’s true, those things are fairly epic, and maybe I’ll invest in some the time we get back to TTC.
    Um, maybe this is a stupid questions but… couldn’t you do sparky purple paint even if it is a boy? With dragons and other scary/fantasy stuff??? Eh, eh???

Yay for a cute bunny!!!

8. jjiraffe September 14, 2011 at 08:09 #

“The Rolls Royce” of pee sticks made me laugh. That is all 🙂

9. Flowergirl September 14, 2011 at 22:02 #

I like the pee stick that tells you in words, so clear, no guessing whether there is the faintest line in the world.
    Yeah for decorating, great that you have the energy for it, when you’re done, my living room needs doing.

10. KristelKlear September 15, 2011 at 10:01 #

Great news! Hope you get to use that 2nd FRER real soon!

11. Port of Indecision September 17, 2011 at 03:29 #

Glad to hear you are normal. Chromosomally, anyway 🙂

I’ve never really understood why everyone loves FRERs. I mean, they’re HPTs. I’m a blue plus sign test girl, myself, ad everyone hates those for some reason. But here’s the rub – I’m not an early pee-er. Methinks if everyone waited till the end of their luteal phase, no one would need Rolls Royce pee tests 🙂

12. me0me September 19, 2011 at 20:24 #

Don’t know if you even ever see this but it needs to be said: I would have been THRILLED to have a purple room as a little boy.

13. embracingtherain September 21, 2011 at 03:11 #

Great news on the karyotype. Glad you found something to like about the bfn and are enjoying your FRERs

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Baby-Crazy 3: The Crazy Returns « Mommy Odyssey - May 3, 2012

[…] Can I pee on one of our stockpiled Rolls Royce pee sticks just to make […]

2. How a 34-Day Cycle Almost Broke My Brain – In Three Acts « Mommy Odyssey - May 9, 2012

[…] I was going nuts. So two days before AF was due, I used up one of my two (!) remaining Rolls Royce pee sticks. Guess what? Only one line. So my pee was only semi-magic, since it didn’t make […]