Waiting for the Inevitable Night of Hell

17 Aug

Sorry I’ve been MIA for a while. It’s been a crazy week, and I’m suffering from a serious case of writer’s block. Don’t know if they’re related. Hopefully they are because I hate going so long without writing.

So I started spotting this morning, five days late, which I guess is understandable considering the lap. I’ve been teaching tenth graders all week so I’m exhausted, and today my body decided it was time to not like me any more.

Stabby pains every hour or so, a splitting headache, nausea, and so so so tired.

Since spotting started almost 12 hours ago, and Aunt Flo hasn’t gone full-on commando yet, I’m assuming the stabby pains are just a preview of the lovely day or two I have ahead of me.

I’m not looking forward to this, if the sporadic stabby pains are any indication of things to come.

I think I will get my behind to bed. But after some ice cream. It feels called for.

So does this bunny:

Wish me luck! Hopefully Aunt Flo will clean out not only my uterine lining, but my writer’s block. (Wow, did that come out gross? Sorry. Me incoherent.)

18 Responses to “Waiting for the Inevitable Night of Hell”

1. Starfishkitty August 17, 2011 at 22:37 #

Ouch! Those stubby pains sound tough. I hope this cycle is a good reboot mentally and physically. A new start : )

• Mo August 18, 2011 at 11:02 #

From your mouth to FSM’s ears…. ๐Ÿ™‚

2. me0me August 17, 2011 at 22:46 #

Not gross, FUNNY! I love it when you think you’re gross. Almost always ๐Ÿ™‚ And I love that bunny. And I hope it’s not as bad as you think (can I only think that because I’m a guy?) and that you will feel good and refreshed afterwards (Again, only b/c I’m a guy?).
    Love ya Mo

• Mo August 18, 2011 at 11:02 #

Yeah, that is totally a guy’s perspective. But I love you bunches anyway. ๐Ÿ˜›

3. Kristin August 17, 2011 at 23:18 #

What a cute bunny.

Hope the stabby pains go away and you feel better soon.

4. Kristen August 18, 2011 at 00:44 #

Bunnies, Bunnies, Bunnies! ๐Ÿ™‚ Why am I so in love with these bunnies?!?
    Sorry for a sucky start to your period. Hope it is over quick and is relatively painlessley. Ice cream is a good idea. ๐Ÿ™‚
    XO

5. Betsy August 18, 2011 at 03:22 #

Aww, look at the bunny! I hope you feel better soon!

6. Libby August 18, 2011 at 04:44 #

I’m sorry. If it makes you feel better my left ovary is totally trying to come through my stomach “Alien” style. Good thing I installed that protective fat layer.

• Mo August 18, 2011 at 11:01 #

Urgh. that does not sound like fun. My protective fat layer is not doing much to quell the stabby pains. Stupid layer.

7. chon August 18, 2011 at 05:38 #

oh, yeah, I forgot to say that the first period after the lap is a rager – I got my xmas day with my SIL proudly five months pregnant. Not my greatest moment. I have a photo of that day and I think if you looked up grimace you would see my picture (not grimace from McDonalds either). It’s cool, stay low, re group and get ready for the next round.

• Mo August 18, 2011 at 11:00 #

Oh! I need to see that picture! You know, you and I should put together a little start-up: Pink hospital caps and embarrassing post-surgical pictures. We’ll make a fortune, I tell you!

8. Marie August 18, 2011 at 06:26 #

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH! I am SO putting one of my bunnies in a bowl.

• Mo August 18, 2011 at 10:59 #

OH! and then you totally need to take pics of it and let me post!

9. endoandbeyond August 18, 2011 at 08:13 #

For my first lap I had my period – not a nice feeling when I woke up.

Hope you feel better soon ๐Ÿ™‚

10. jjiraffe August 18, 2011 at 08:41 #

Is that your bunny? So. Cute.

I really hope your post-lap Aunt Flo is gentle. And not a rager.

• Mo August 18, 2011 at 10:59 #

Not mine – I just have a slight obsession with adorable bunnies. it’s a thing. ๐Ÿ™‚

11. LisaBB August 18, 2011 at 12:03 #

LOL @ that last part! Oh man, I feel for you! You must be worn out! I hope you get much better asap! I love that bunny…hehe

12. slcurwin August 19, 2011 at 01:45 #

mmmmm. Ice cream sounds really good right now. Good luck hun. And be as gross as you please ๐Ÿ˜‰