Lap Dance*

27 Jul

*This very amusing post title is courtesy of Slackie O.

Well, it’s official. I’m going in for a combination laproscopy/hysteroscopy. I’ll know the date of the surgery tomorrow or the day after, but it’s either going to be next thursday, or August 18th.

The doctor seems very nice, and he took a look at my HSG films and said that apart from my partially blocked tube, there’s a chance I may have some uterine or tubal adhesions, and that there are signs of possible damage to Lefty as well. This was news to me, but I wasn’t really surprised to be honest.

I’m freaking out about the general anesthesia, but I also know that this is a relatively quick and easy procedure, and at the end of it there will be some truly concrete answers, and hopefully some solutions as well.

In the meantime my head is exploding from this overly eventful week. I have a very eloquent post brewing, and I promise to share it with you guys over the weekend.

In the meantime, please feel free to share your lap/hysteroscopy experiences with me in the comments! You know how much I love info dumps!

Oh – and here’s another bunny to make up for my continuing lack of eloquence:

25 Responses to “Lap Dance*”

1. BleedingTulip July 27, 2011 at 23:03 #

No lap experience personally, but I will be thinking of you! Bit of hilarity, my Internet is being really slow at the moment so that video is bunny jumping in slow motion which just makes it funnier lol

2. missohkay July 27, 2011 at 23:13 #

You’ll be fine (says the gal who’s never been under general anesthesia). No really, it will be good. You’ll have some concrete answers and a way forward. I also have to say I LOVE BUNNIES. They are almost as adorable as babies. No, nevermind, that’s just crazy talk.

• Mo July 28, 2011 at 16:58 #

Lol their cuteness is keeping me content for the moment. 🙂

3. Esperanza July 28, 2011 at 00:32 #

I do not have any Lap Dances to share but I can say that I feel very much like that bunny right now. Just crazed and a little terrified. I’m sure you do to.

Have you started the book at all?

• Mo July 28, 2011 at 16:59 #

Nope not yet. See craziness mentioned above 🙂 hopefully I’ll have time to crack it open over this weekend

4. embracingtherain July 28, 2011 at 00:58 #

I don’t have any experience with laproscopy/hysteroscopy. However, I had general anesthesia several times after fracturing my leg badly enough it took three surgeries to fix it. The surgery process is not that bad. The anesthesiologist will make sure you are comfortable, knocked out for the procedure and most importantly wake you back up when it’s all done. Hope you get helpful answers out of this.

• Mo July 28, 2011 at 16:59 #

Thanks hon! Much appreciated

5. bodegabliss July 28, 2011 at 01:31 #

I can’t believe you might already be having surgery next week. How do they think the damage was caused in Lefty and elsewhere? I haven’t had either, but i know you’ll be okay.

Hugs.

• Mo July 28, 2011 at 17:00 #

They think it’s all the same issue. We’ll know more once they take a look in there 🙂

6. maya July 28, 2011 at 02:35 #

i have been under general anesthesia many many times…
    funny, i used to be scared, but now i think its a very good sleep….
    you will be ok dude, things are being taking care of , and fast which is amazing! sounds like you are getting excellent care!

• Mo July 28, 2011 at 17:01 #

Thanks 🙂

7. Port of Indecision July 28, 2011 at 02:42 #

I haven’t had a lap or hysteroscopy, but my advice is the same nonetheless: wine and chocolate afterwards 🙂

• Mo July 28, 2011 at 17:01 #

Hear hear!

8. chon July 28, 2011 at 03:35 #

Ok deep breath in and release. Whenever I get scared about these sort of things I immediately turn to statistics like – more people get killed by donkeys each year than air plane accidents. right – does that make you feel better or make you more wary of a donkey? Hmmmm. it is a normal reaction to be worried and I would be lying if my heart beat didn’t double just before I am wheeled into surgery but this surgery could give you some closure and new beginnings and we have to focus on that. Keep going with the zen(ish) attitude and you will be flying. I am predicting both of us to be pregnant after your auspicious birthday – the month of Mo – also known as September. Wow could I write anymore????

• Mo July 28, 2011 at 17:03 #

Lol chon- you are awesome! Here’s hoping you clairvoyant abilities are better than the baby psychic!

9. eggsinarow July 28, 2011 at 04:08 #

Honey, you have been through so much. A Lap Dance ain’t nothing. 😉 I’m so sorry that I am not a millionaire that I can’t come out and cook for you and stuff, but one day, our kids will hang. I promise. xoxo

• Mo July 28, 2011 at 17:03 #

Awww 🙂

10. myjourney7283 July 28, 2011 at 16:56 #

hey there. I’ll be thinking of you for sure. (I almost typed fo schizzle … which makes me smile, hopefully you do too!).

I don’t have any experiences with lap surgeries … but I have had a lap dance before. Which is a story to be shared over a beer or some other adult beverage. 🙂

Are you catching my theme … trying to make you smile? I know everything will be OK. HUGS to you!

• Mo July 28, 2011 at 17:04 #

It worked. Thanks hon!

11. Nikki P July 28, 2011 at 18:25 #

I had the same thing on June 3rd of this year. I had mine on Friday and they told me it should only take a few days to recover. It really took me about a full 2 weeks to feel normal and about 4 days to feel well enough to go back to work. The nurses were great and made me feel really comfortable. Once you get the good stuff you won’t remember anything. I do remember coming out of anesthesia and being really itchy and crying for some odd reason. The nurse said that was common. They gave me a shot for the itchiness and at home I took a benadryl. I took my pain meds for about 4 days then quit using them. I didn’t have many problems with the trapped gas I have heard about. I have a temperpedic bed with the adjustable base so I kept my feet up a little and my head. That was the most comfortable position for me to sit and sleep in. Going to the bathroom after for a few days was interesting. Have a heating pad ready in case you have gas pains in your shoulders. I had cats so I slept with pillows around my stomach in case they wanted to hop on the bed with me. I waited about 2 weeks to work out again once I had my post op. It took about 2 days before I could stand up straight. Having something light to eat helps. Soup, crackers, ice cream and the like. Luckily my husband was around to get me food and drink. I kept some water and gatorade handy by the bed. Just take it really easy for the first few days.

They found some endo and scarring on my ovaries. Before the surgery my RE was ready to go injectables but after he decided femara and IUI were the way to go.

I wish you luck and a speedy recovery.

12. Marie July 28, 2011 at 19:07 #

Bunny bunny bunny bunny bunny!

13. aliyahdiary July 28, 2011 at 22:28 #

Good luck, Mo! So glad to hear it will be done & over with in the near future. I am pretty useless in terms of info – my hysteroscopy was just diagnostic and done without sedation. I think it will give you so much peace of mind to know exactly what’s going on and to be able to do something decisive to fix it.

14. Christina July 29, 2011 at 01:54 #

While I have no experience with the scopy’s, gen anesthesia has been ok in my book. I generally respond pretty quickly to the sedatives, and take a bit longer to come out of it (yay for hyper response to meds!) but it’s what I would imagine teleporting to be like. You’re in one place one blink, and another the next! When I had an egg retrieval, way back in the day that I thought I was reproductively fit enough to be an egg donor, I was just a bit sore and tired the day of, and a bit the next. I agree with the taking it easy for a bit. You have a loving, doting husband, so I’m sure he’s already volunteered to be at your beck and call.

Also, bunnybunnybunnybunny! That’s about what my dogs do outside (except they are 90 and 70lbs!) and their ears flop more! CAn’t wait for the eloquent post!

15. starfishkittydreams July 29, 2011 at 09:25 #

My thoughts are with you as you get ready for this big step. I went through this procedure as well with the anasthesia with no trouble. I was able to get some good information afterwards as well (and they removed a polyp that may have been causing problems).

I’ve also had 4 D & C’s with anasthesia so I have pretty much lost all feer of general anesthesia. I felt pretty great shortly after it was all over. The hardest part I remember is not being able to eat or drink beforehand (usually the cut off is at midnight).

When it is all over take it easy on your stomach (eat easily digestible food) and relax with a good nap or a movie on the couch.

My fingers are crossed everything goes well and they are able to find some problem areas that can be corrected so your body is “optimized” for the next pregnancy ; )

16. Kristen July 29, 2011 at 19:09 #

I’ve only had a hysterscopy, but can I just tell you how jealous I am that you get to do it with general anesthesia? I’ve had it (hysteroscopy) done 3 times with no anesthesia, and once was OK, but the other 2 times were INCREDIBLY painful…with the general you’ll be spared that pain.
    Good luck! And thanks for the bunny! 🙂