To Pee or Not to Pee, That is the Question

23 Jul

So as most of you know, we’re taking some time off of TTC until we get Ole’ Righty sorted out. Wed. is our consult with the Doc that Twofer recommended, and we’ll see whether we’re going straight to a lap, or do some things on the way.

Scary Funny anecdote: In his referral letter, Twofer accidentally wrote that my LEFT tube is partially blocked. Luckily I have the HSG films to prove otherwise, but I believe this little mix-up will force me to draw an arrow on my stomach with a magic marker pointing out the correct tube when the time comes. Gotta love paranoia.

But now I face an even bigger dilemma. Tomorrow I’ll be going to a pharmacy to pick up my monthly dose of extra strength vitamin D. I know that I will, like every pharmacy visit before it, stand in front of the OPK’s for several minutes, debating on whether to purchase a kit or not.

We’re not trying this month for sure. But I’m concerned because I ovulated so late in my last cycle (CD 22), and kind of feel like maybe I should keep track of things, just so I have all of the information. Plus, you know, I pee because I love.

So – what do you think? To pee or not to pee?

Here are a couple of cute bunnies to keep you company while you think about it:

18 Responses to “To Pee or Not to Pee, That is the Question”

1. Sherrie July 23, 2011 at 18:32 #

I say Pee!! Knowledge is power, and I don’t think it will hurt to know how your body is “behaving”!! And since you love to POAS – why deny yourself that joy? 😛

Also – are those your bunnies? 🙂

• Mo July 23, 2011 at 19:20 #

I wish those were my bunnies! I’m a bunny lover, but a doggy owner 🙂

2. On Standby July 23, 2011 at 21:12 #

I agree with Sherrie 100%. Had I not used OPKs to track my cycle early on, I don’t think I would have figured out that I ovulate later than I suspected or expected. Also makes me feel a little more in control of what’s going on.

3. Kristen July 23, 2011 at 21:34 #

Cutest bunnies ever!
    As long as POAS isn’t going to make you totally insane I say go for it! Me personally, I have to stay away from those sticks due to extreme emotional overreactions. (Yeah. Hysterical sobbing on the bathroom floor isn’t good for anyone.)
    PS It sure wouldn’t hurt anything to have the magic marker arrow when the time comes…
    xo

4. babycrazykiwi July 24, 2011 at 00:01 #

I say pee. At least then you’re in the know about whats happening with your body and can track where you’re at even if you’re not trying.

5. Kelly July 24, 2011 at 01:45 #

Hmmm, I’m waiting for my lap as well, but I’m going with ‘no pee’ and would head on over to the bath salts/hair gloss/mineral makeup area.

6. eggsinarow July 24, 2011 at 02:40 #

I say pee. Although I’m trying to come up with something productive to do with the stupid sticks, because they are so freaking expensive and I’ve NEVER HAD ONE SINGLE ONE tell me I ovulated. Stupid pink lines. I don’t like you anyway. Sorry, got off track there…xoxo

7. Libby July 24, 2011 at 04:34 #

I say do it. If nothing else you’ll learn a little more about your cycle. And peeing on things is fun.

8. Port of Indecision July 24, 2011 at 05:34 #

Oh, just pee. Just do it. you know you want to 🙂

9. BleedingTulip July 24, 2011 at 09:30 #

There isn’t enough little-things-in-life-that-make-us-happy. I say that for the sake of your sanity and whatnot to pee away. My splurge of choice is nail polish. We all have our thing *shrug*

also, loving the freaking adorably cute bunnies!!!! Some day I will have bunnies… I want those super-fuzzy-lionheads because, well, it’s the magic combination if adorable bunnies PLUS the snuggelyness that cones with excessive fuzzyness!

10. AK July 24, 2011 at 16:19 #

You’re addicted to pee sticks like cigarettes. PUT BOTH DOWN and I’ll send you a present.

• Mo July 26, 2011 at 23:00 #

What kind of present are we talking here? If it’s good enough I may take you up on the offer. 🙂

11. Flowergirl July 24, 2011 at 18:00 #

Not, the doctors don’t care about the results, and it causes you stress, so step away, you’ve ovulated every other month so why would you suddenly not this month, plus there are other signs to give you a clue. Cute bunnies. xx

12. bodegabliss July 25, 2011 at 18:51 #

Yeah, I’m with those AK and Flowergirl, I think you should take a break from the sticks. I think even though you’d be doing them to “keep track of your cycle,” I think a big part of you will be tempted to try when it says you’re ovulating. So why not take a break from all of it for your own sanity? (This comes from love, I swear. Love you!)

13. JM July 25, 2011 at 20:20 #

I don’t know if the gif is frozen on my screen, but the bunny on the right is down-right SCARY. Frozen with its mouth wide open.

So here’s the thing. I’m firmly in the “knowledge is power” camp. BUT! You’re not really taking a break from it all if you test this month, yeah? Is knowing when you o this month going to affect further courses of treatment? I don’t think it will. If you really think that it will affect things when you head back to the stirrups, then go for it.

Otherwise… just breath. And take it one pee-stick-less day at a time…

• Mo July 26, 2011 at 23:01 #

LOL one pee-stick at a time! I think I’ll be stealing that one!

14. starfishkittydreams July 26, 2011 at 08:26 #

Aww! Those bunnies are the cutest!

As far as pee sticks, after my last box didn’t even detect my last pregnancy (3 sticks were negative) my faith in pee sticks has wained. My recommendation is to hold off. If possible I’d try to check in with the RE who can give you more info.

15. me0me July 28, 2011 at 21:59 #

1. Holy f*ck that is scary. Magic marker away.
    2. As you know, I love that you pee because you love. However, my loving your loving is not reason enough not to nudge you into sanity. I’m with AK and I’m joining on the gift, ESPECIALLY if we’re talking cancersticks away as well. Brainstorming shall be had.
    3. One pee stick at a time is fab.