*Insert Witty Title with the Word “Lap” in it Here*

21 Jul

I was going to title this post “Lap it Up.” But really, that is hella lame. Jump in my lap? Nope. Ahh well, I guess there just isn’t enough in the world of laproscopic surgery humor and/or puns. I should work on that.

So as you may have already guessed, Twofer was very clear cut today. There was no need to beg. Two minutes into the appointment he said very clearly: “Well, I guess the next step would be a lap surgery to figure out the source of the pain and remove the tube while they’re at it.”

He referred me to a really good gyno surgeon, and we have an appointment with him next Wed. Bing bang boom. Done.

Well, not really. There is the whole issue of my PARALYZING FEAR OF GENERAL ANESTHESIA. So when we’re there on Wed, I’m definitely going to explore all of the options before signing on the lap dotted line. But even with the anesthesia fear I felt a certain lightness after leaving twofer today. I think that we made the right decision by addressing this issue with some more serious medical intervention. I’ll keep you all posted.

On an unrelated note – it’s Marie’s Birthday today! If you feel like it, and you should – go over to her blog and wish her a happy birthday!

Marie – over the past 6 months you have become one of my closest friends. It’s almost surreal to think that we’ve never actually met face to face, because I feel like we’ve known each other forever. I love you to bits, and if I could I would fly over to you to give you a huge birthday hug. But I can’t, so I’ll make due with another cute bunny gif:

Have an amazing birthday hon. Wish I could be there to celebrate with you in person!

16 Responses to “*Insert Witty Title with the Word “Lap” in it Here*”

1. Slackie O. July 21, 2011 at 01:14 #

How about “Doing a Lap Dance”… no?

Anyhoo, I feel ya on The Fear. Mine is so bad that I even have anxiety attacks when other people go under. Hate, hate, hate it. Go you for facing it down and doing what needs to be done!

• Mo July 21, 2011 at 01:25 #

Oh! I like that! I may steal it from you for a future post. I’m not sure if I’m facing it down quite yet, but I’m working on it. 🙂

2. eggsinarow July 21, 2011 at 01:23 #

Really? The lap was sooooooooo much better than the HSG. Of course I didn’t know that and scrawled out a ridiculous will the night before I had the lap (much akin to the one I wrote during my year in Israel…where I left things like my perfume collection to my sister). But it is the fear of the unknown that gets me everytime! I hate that! I wish I could come out there and cook and clean for you while you were recooping! xoxo

• Mo July 21, 2011 at 01:26 #

Aww thanks hon! 🙂 I may just be grilling you on the process soon enough.

3. chon July 21, 2011 at 03:37 #

Babes I love LOVE going under. I swear it is one of my favourite things. ok so recovery is a bit ugh but on the flip side there is nothing like the fun of going under. Good thing I don’t have an addictive personality otherwise I think I would be the derro shooting up in the corner trying desperately to get that high again 😉

Even though my lap didn’t identify the source of our infertility I will say my periods were much better afterwards and my cycle was longer by two days (I was currently at 23-24 days before I had my lap). I didn’t find the recovery too bad either.

• Mo July 22, 2011 at 00:05 #

Seriously? You love it? We must discuss this further.

4. Christina July 21, 2011 at 04:29 #

“Victory lap” ?

Anyways, I’m glad that Twofer was completely on board with your plans/desires. That is definitely an awesome Dr you have there!

As for the whole general anesthesia thing, I get the fear. i don’t experience it myself, but I totally understand how one could understandably be afraid of going all the way under. I don’t know if they have it over in Israel, but before my wisdom teeth removal years ago, I was given some sort of pre-op pill. I was as happy as a dog with my head out a car window the whole way to and waiting for the surgery. Highly recommend it!

Thanks for all the bunny gifs! Rabbits are pretty adorable!

• Mo July 22, 2011 at 00:06 #

I think “victory lap” would be a good title after a successful procedure. I may rip that off. 🙂
      hmmm… happy pills. Good call.

5. Kristin July 21, 2011 at 04:54 #

They should be able to do the lap under spinal anesthesia.

• Mo July 22, 2011 at 00:06 #

I’ll definitely look into that – though I’m not sure I’d be good with being conscious while being cut open either. hmm…

6. me0me July 21, 2011 at 04:59 #

Bunnies aren’t as cute as everybody supposes. They got them hoppy legs and twitchy little noses… and what about the carrots? What do they need such good eyesight for anyway?

**Happy Birthday Marie!**

7. teejay July 21, 2011 at 16:55 #

I was really scared of anesthesia the first time I had to use it. I had my wisdom teeth pulled a few years ago. The only issue I had was that I found out I’m very sensitive and I don’t like to wake up as fast as everyone else. I get more worried when other people go under than when I do now.

I’m glad you are having your lap and that he will take your tube. I think that is probably the best thing right now so that you don’t have to panic in the future about where the embryo is snuggling in. I also think it’s great for him to just poke around a bit to make sure everything else is as it should be.

Oh, and I love the little bunnies…so cute!

8. Betsy July 21, 2011 at 17:13 #

Good luck! Maybe you’ll get some good pain pills!

9. Marie July 21, 2011 at 22:41 #

Hey! If I was actually reading the words in these posts instead of just laughing at the bunnies, I would have seen this and said thank you for the birthday shout-out. But… I got distracted by the bunnies.

Thanks, Mo. I love you too. (Gummy bear)

10. Mrs. Corrock July 22, 2011 at 03:00 #

I am scheduled for my lap on Aug 4th. Wish you the best of luck on this next appt.

11. A. July 22, 2011 at 17:25 #

Good luck, Mo! I really, really hope that the surgery will take a lot of the fear and uncertainty out of TTC for you and that your sticky baby will be just around the corner once the lap is done.