Fallback Position

18 Jul

Me: I’m a little worried about our career.

Me: Baby! Baby! Baby!

Me: Stop it! I’m trying to have a serious conversation here!

Me: Baby! Baby! Baby! Leave me alone! I’m too busy imagining an inflated belly and shopping for baby clothes.

Me: But we have stuff to figure out. Money stuff, apartment stuff, future stuff.

Me: Nah – don’t think about that. Think about babies. Babies are cute!

Me: Dude, seriously – real life is calling. We have shit to do.

Me: Screw that. Can we watch some reality shows about preggos?

Me: No. We need to find a new job.

Me: I don’t wanna!

Me: We made a decision. It was a good decision. Now let’s get our shit together.

Me: No! Baby! Baby! Baby!

Me: I think I get it.

Me: You never get anything.

Me: No, seriously hear me out. Have you thought that perhaps you’re just so used to obsessing about a baby that you can’t fathom the idea that the next couple of months will be TTC-Frenzy free?

Me: *plugs ears* Lalalalalalalalala!!!!

Me: No more escaping from real life because of the baby thing! Come on! We can do this! It’s time to get a life.

Me: LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA!!!

Me: I give up.

Me: *evil laugh*

11 Responses to “Fallback Position”

1. Cattiz J July 18, 2011 at 22:26 #

Reality shows are evil sometimes. Not good at all but somehow fascinating to watch.

• Mo July 20, 2011 at 02:00 #

They are crack. Seriously. They need to make reality tv rehab. For the watchers. I think they already have it for the stars.

2. Jjiraffe July 18, 2011 at 22:34 #

Loved this post. Hee. That inner baby voice is very strong. Biology had to make it strong.

3. eggsinarow July 18, 2011 at 22:38 #

Oh, scary. I thought you had broken into my brain, and I was like, Hey, MO, that is not right. You can’t just go around breaking into people’s brains and posting their inner dialogue on the web. Except I also secretly consider buying maternity clothes now because I already HAVE the inflated belly. Zeh lo fair. LOL.

• Mo July 20, 2011 at 02:01 #

I know, right? I’ve looked like I’m in my second trimester for a year now. I demand comfy pants!

4. BleedingTulip July 19, 2011 at 02:05 #

I have that inner dialogue basicAlly on a daily basis. Be patient with yourself, it takes time to change our train-of-thoughts. Actual new neurotransmitters developed as you have focused on having a baby, and new pathways have to be firmed to change the way you think. (or so my psychiatrist says)

• Mo July 20, 2011 at 02:01 #

Yeah, my shrink says the same. Now if only I could do something to change it. ahh well.

5. chon July 19, 2011 at 04:30 #

I’m sorry to did you just do some mind reading on me 🙂

6. Kelly July 19, 2011 at 08:09 #

whoa all too familiar…….

7. Port of Indecision July 19, 2011 at 16:15 #

Hahaha, love it!

8. Suzy July 21, 2011 at 15:40 #

Haha welcome to my daily battle for the past few years…I literally struggle to think of anything else!