Of Course I Did

4 Jul

Yep. I’m 7 DPO and I’ve already used up 2 of my pee sticks. Both BFN’s, of course. I mean, seriously, what am I thinking? I think the thing is I’ve always had BFP’s at around 10-11 DPO, but the only times I’ve tracked have been ectopics. So maybe it’s just wishful thinking, that if I’m knocked up and it’s a proper pregnancy, I’ll know sooner. Ahh well. Three more pee-stick mornings followed by a Beta blood test on Thursday, and then we’ll know for sure.

We interrupt this blog post for a message from our sponsor:

Are you an infertile? Do you spend all of your two week waits desperately searching for pregnancy symptoms? Well, have no fear – we’ve got a solution – especially tailored for you! Progesterone suppositories – all of the pregnancy symptoms, without an actual pregnancy needed!

Do you miss those days, before you started miscarrying, when you were crampy, bloated, tired, and nauseous? We know you do! Try our product! It’s a mind fuck all wrapped up in a gel encapsulated dose of hormones! You’ll laugh, you’ll cry, you’ll sleep, you’ll want to puke your guts out! Progesterone suppositories! All the pregnancy you could possibly hope for, without the promise of an embryo digging into your uterus!

Warning: progesterone suppositories do not in any way guarantee a pregnancy, nor do they guarantee carrying a baby to term. Sanity not included.

Ehem. Right. Where was I?

Thanks to everyone for the reassuring comments on my last post. Good to know I’m not alone in the cramping department. I just hope some of them are implantation cramps. I want a BFP so badly this month. Just so if I have another loss I can get it over with already. Does that make any sense?

I know I’m being paranoid. I guess it’s because my “answers” aren’t really clear cut. I mean, there’s no proof that the second pregnancy was ectopic, so of course I’m still paranoid that I have a yet-undiagnosed condition and we have a long road still ahead. I guess we’ll know soon enough…

Not much else to report really, except that tomorrow Shmerson will be coming home! Finally! I’ll be spending the day being the happy housewife, finishing up the cleaning, and planning something yummy for dinner. Fun and happy times all around, 50’s style!

Hope all of you US-Americans had a happy 4th!

26 Responses to “Of Course I Did”

1. Christina July 4, 2011 at 23:45 #

The 1/2 way mark is as good as any to start testing!

I love your progesterone ad! However, you forgot the “Want to feel like you’ve peed yourself all day long?” I did appreciate the fact that the supps kept me from actually working myself up over preg symptoms. “It’s probably the progesterone” was my excuse for everything during the 2ww.

It is freaking awesome that Twofer has you doing a beta on Thursday! Most clinics here in the States don’t seem to want to test before 14dpo (if you’re lucky).

Enjoy your housewifery tomorrow! Please tell me you’ll be wearing a nice frock and apron while you flit around your house, dotting on your husband! Pics as well if you are!

• Mo July 4, 2011 at 23:57 #

Oh! I totally would if I owned those things. I should get on that… 🙂
      You’re totally right about the symptoms. I think that’s totally an upside – I’m not obsessing over every little thing, which is good!
      I actually have an open pass to test whenever I want (upside of free healthcare and the double whammy status of “Infertility: Female” and “Patient Under Observation”. Thing is – now I’m paranoid that maybe it’s too soon?
      Man – I do like to mess with my own head, don’t I?

• Christina July 5, 2011 at 14:38 #

Well since you have the golden ticket, I say go on 11dpo, see what is says. If it hasn’t come back positive then, and you end up being late, go in again!

And the “everything is progesterone” is probably the only upshoot to having to stuff yourself with those things!

• Mo July 5, 2011 at 21:46 #

The thing is – I’m a bit paranoid because if it’s negative, I’m supposed to stop progesterone. I think I’ll go in on thursday and if it’s neg I’ll POAS again on friday just to make absolutely sure.

• Christina July 6, 2011 at 14:04 #

I think they reason they tell you to stop the progesterone before the next CD1 is to have it clear out of your system so CD1 can actually come. My body never seemed to have a problem moving on in a cycle regardless of the progesterone supps so I just took them until she came.

That sounds like a good plan though. The last thing you want to do is stop the progesterone suddenly if you are knocked up. Come on BFP!

• Mo July 6, 2011 at 17:00 #

Thanks for the info hon! I really appreciate it. 🙂

2. zygotta July 5, 2011 at 00:51 #

your creative writing skills are REALLY good
    I really enjoyed your ode to progesterone 🙂

• Mo July 5, 2011 at 01:29 #

Thanks, I try. *blush*

3. JM July 5, 2011 at 02:06 #

Hilarious. Absolutely hilarious. Fingers crossed that the elusive second line shows up for you 🙂

• Mo July 5, 2011 at 21:45 #

Thanks! 🙂

4. chon1203 July 5, 2011 at 03:59 #

HA HA HA bloody 7DPO! Oh I hope this works and stop thinking that you will m/c! Ok positive thoughts only xx

• Mo July 5, 2011 at 21:45 #

Attempting to. Kinda hard, but I’m trying, I swear!

5. Kristin July 5, 2011 at 04:39 #

Yay for Shmerson coming home.

Silly girl testing this early.

Laughed my butt off about the “message form your sponsors”.

• Mo July 5, 2011 at 21:47 #

I am indeed silly. And slightly insane. But that’s part of my charm, right? RIGHT?!?!

• Sherrie July 6, 2011 at 21:11 #

lol – right!! 🙂 def part of the charm!

6. Port of Indecision July 5, 2011 at 06:44 #

Not that this is really probably very comforting, given my less-than-impressive history, but I never get BFPs before 12dpo, and even at 14dpo (and with betas in the hundreds) mine are always light. So there. There’s another reference point for the 2ww insanity 🙂

• Mo July 5, 2011 at 21:48 #

Always appreciate a good info dump. thanks!

7. Cattiz J July 5, 2011 at 10:54 #

Ha, you are funny. Thanks for the laugh. Best of luck Thursday!

• Mo July 5, 2011 at 21:48 #

Thanks hon!

8. eggsinarow July 5, 2011 at 21:25 #

7 days? The restraint you have shown is INCREDIBLE. I am proud to be friends with someone with such control. LOL. It will happen…it will happen…it will happen. (Just a refrain to keep in your head.) xoxoxo

• Mo July 5, 2011 at 21:49 #

Well – I broke down at 6dpo – so I don’t know if it’s that much restraint… ahh well. I’ll keep that refrain going as long as possible.

9. Libby July 6, 2011 at 04:30 #

Honey, breathe. It’s okay. It’s all okay. Your baby is coming. Don’t expect the worst or the best every month, just expect it will happen. It will. And when it does? All this will be a wash.

• Mo July 6, 2011 at 17:00 #

Thanks Libby. I appreciate the voice of sanity! 🙂

• AK July 6, 2011 at 19:26 #

I like her.

• Mo July 6, 2011 at 19:49 #

I do too. 🙂

10. whoismom July 6, 2011 at 15:20 #

That was too funny! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!