The Seven Hormonal IFer Dwarves

30 Jun

Yes folks! I’m resorting to stupid fairy tale puns!

I have entered the wonderful world of progesterone suppositories. I will spare you the graphic details, but basically,  this means there will be no scavenger hunts this time around, because of course, the extra hormones are making every day feel like preggo day, even though I’m sure I haven’t implanted yet (that’s assuming fertilization even happened, and Ole’ Lefty did her job – two very unproven assumptions).

So, instead of playing my usual round of “am I or aren’t I?” I have officially become the 7 hormonal IFer Dwarves:

Itchy

Angry

Crampy

Bloaty

Sleepy

Leaky

And of course…

(Self-Proclaimed Google) Doc

So since I can’t dwell on the hunt it’s time to once again place your bets dear readers (because I still need to keep myself amused)!

I am now officially 4 DPO.

When will I break down and POAS? Will I be strong and wait till 10 or 11 or even – gasp! 12 DPO? Will I show my usual weak will and break down at seven?

Go on, have a guess, you know you want to! If for no other reason than to keep me entertained (and we all know how important that is)!

19 Responses to “The Seven Hormonal IFer Dwarves”

1. me0me June 30, 2011 at 23:44 #

I vote for day 8 – as in really day 8. Not 7. 8. Whaddayasay? 🙂

• Mo July 1, 2011 at 23:09 #

I think I’ll be surprised if I make it that far. 🙂

2. BleedingTulip July 1, 2011 at 00:06 #

I’m voting on day 7. But you won’t get a positive until 13dpo. That’s my guess

• Mo July 1, 2011 at 23:09 #

Here’s hoping you’re right!

3. JM July 1, 2011 at 01:00 #

I’m going for Lucky Number 13- You can dooooooo it!

• Mo July 1, 2011 at 23:10 #

No way in heck I’m lasting until 13! 😛

4. Christina July 1, 2011 at 01:38 #

9dpo sounds like a good day to me!

And welcome to the world of progesterone supps! How many times a day do you have to do yours? are they gel capsules or a compounded “bullet”?

Here’s to Lefty doing her thing correctly!

• Mo July 1, 2011 at 23:10 #

9dpo would be a miracle! I’m doing gel capsules twice a day. It’s, um, interesting.

5. Kristin July 1, 2011 at 02:10 #

Come on…I bet you can make it to 12 DPO…and, if you do, I guarantee one crocheted item of your choice made by little ole me.

And, if you really need to be entertained, go read And that’s why you should learn to pick your battles over at TheBloggess.com I was laughing so hard I was crying.

• Mo July 1, 2011 at 23:12 #

I actually read that last week. Hilarious! Hmmm…. Resorting to bribery – nice move Kristin! The thing is – twofer said to do a blood test at 11 dpo, so there’s no way in heck I’ll wait until twelve. Can I still get a present? 😛

6. chon July 1, 2011 at 02:12 #

ha ha ha with the leaky!!!! and itchy man i am sure that is a pregnancy sign 🙂

• Mo July 1, 2011 at 23:12 #

I sure hope so! Though my guess is the culprit is the continuous white discharge coming out of my hoo-ha. 🙂

7. Port of Indecision July 1, 2011 at 04:10 #

7dpo? SEVEN?! That only narrowly beats my midwife friend – an infertile (yeah, bad job choice) – who once tested at 6dpo. And she’s a professional.

I’m going for 9. You can do it!!!!!

• Mo July 1, 2011 at 23:13 #

Well, Shmerson is coming back at 9dpo. It is a good excuse to hold on until then…

8. Cattiz J July 1, 2011 at 16:43 #

Day 8.

9. rachel July 1, 2011 at 18:40 #

I think even waiting til day 4 shows amazing will power. 🙂

• Mo July 1, 2011 at 23:13 #

Oh Rachel, you know me so well. 🙂

10. Baker July 1, 2011 at 20:21 #

Day 10. I can always talk myself out of testing until around that time. Welcome to the fun filled world of Progesterone suppositories. Aren’t they fun? Sending you lots and lots of positive thoughts for a BFP very soon!

• Mo July 1, 2011 at 23:15 #

They’re a hoot and a half. I was at my parents’ for dinner tonight, and they had friends over, and the wife already knew what I was going through. I had to excuse myself to shove a capsule up there and gave my mom a look. When I came back, she proudly told the wife “she’s been shoving progesterone”. Thanks mom! On the other hand, the entire world already knows everything going on with my pipes, so I guess there’s no harm. 🙂