The AF Betting Pool (With Prizes!)

2 Jun

Ok folks. Aunt Flo has officially decided to be a bitch. Every iphone app and calculation has indicated that she should have arrived sometime today. So far, no sign. No sign of my body gearing up for her either.

So – I’ve decided that instead of torturing myself, I would make this into a fun game for you guys! With prizes!

We IFers love analyzing these things! So away we go!

Here’s how this will work:

I will give you the ins and outs of my cycle.

You will post an educated guess in the comments as to when you think AF will show up.

In order to keep it fair and ensure only one winner, your guess has to be in a 6 hour range. For example, your guess should look something like this: Friday Morning, June 3rd, some time between 10am and 4pm. Keep in mind this is MY local time. I’m currently writing this at 11:30pm on Thursday night. That’s 7 hours ahead of NY, 10 hours ahead of LA, etc.

You cannot repeat a guess that someone has already posted.

Now – for the fun part! The prize!

Whoever gets it right will receive a yummy package of Israeli chocolate. And trust me, Israeli chocolate is amazing.

For my Israeli readers – have no fear! you can participate too! If you win, I’ll take you out for some chocolate cake!

So here are the stats along with all the down and dirty details:

My post- miscarriage betas were down to 4 on May 3rd. I’m assuming they zeroed out about 24 hours later.

On May 2nd, something that looked and felt like AF came, and stayed for 4 days, so I assume that’s when my uterus realized I was no longer preggo.

Positive OPK showed up on May 22nd. I usually ovulate around CD 18-20, and my cycles are between 28-30 days long. They have never been longer. Usually they’re 29 days on the dot. (or they have been since the first pregnancy last year).

BDing was done, but at 4DPO with protection. (yes, “you’re preggo” is a legitimate guess as well, though I assume it will put you at a lower chance of winning the prize).

OK all! Have at it! I will update this post with a winner as soon as the bitch shows up! (yes, I have ceased to play nice). Don’t worry, if you win, I’ll also email you, so you don’t have to keep checking this page.

Have fun!

34 Responses to “The AF Betting Pool (With Prizes!)”

1. Marie June 2, 2011 at 22:39 #

I guess Monday, June 6th, at exactly the time your HSG appointment was supposed to be, plus or minus 3 hours on either side. If she’s being a bitch, she might as well kick you while you’re down.

Love you!

• Mo June 2, 2011 at 22:46 #

actually the appt was sunday june 5th. So Marie – by the rules, that means your guess is sunday, june 5th, between the hours of 9am and 1pm.
      xoxo!

• Marie June 3, 2011 at 08:28 #

Oh, thank you for correcting me and letting me have the guess I ACTUALLY wanted. 9-1 is only four hours though. Don’t I get six hours? I want 8-2 instead.

• Mo June 3, 2011 at 10:40 #

oops. my bad. late night typo. 8-2 it is!

2. Karen June 2, 2011 at 23:27 #

Damn, Marie, that was going to be my guess. I guess I’ll take the afternoon slot and say Sunday, June 5 sometime between the hours of 1 pm and 7 pm.

• Mo June 3, 2011 at 10:41 #

karen, I’m moving your slot up one hour to 2pm, due to my typo. 🙂

3. Slackie O. June 3, 2011 at 00:09 #

How do you count “arrival”, spotting or full flow? At any rate, I’m betting Friday Jun 3rd between 6pm and midnight. At least spotting.

• Mo June 3, 2011 at 00:22 #

I count spotting. Let’s see how it goes!

4. jjiraffe June 3, 2011 at 00:19 #

Yummy: I’d LOVE to taste Israeli chocolate! I’ll guess: Saturday June 4th between 7 AM and 12 PM.

5. chon June 3, 2011 at 01:39 #

Thank you so much for your encouraging and kind words. I feel like I am slowly coming out of fog. I think it is going to happen the minute you decide to go and buy the chocolate for the prize and you will realise you have nothing to protect you and once again we will be marvelling at our bodies ability to well and truly fuck up our day. (btw i really hope it doesn’t happen that way)

• Mo June 3, 2011 at 10:42 #

🙂 Thanks chon. Hope you’re hanging in there. At this rate, you may very well be right.

6. Christina June 3, 2011 at 02:30 #

Haha! This completely just gets me! I usually don’t win these things, but it should be fun and I am salivating at the thought of trying chocolate from a “foreign” country!

My guess is June 3rd, b/n 8am & 2pm.

Even at the risk of losing out on tasty goodness, I hope she comes ASAP for you!!

7. BleedingTulip June 3, 2011 at 03:22 #

I’m guessing Monday morning: if she’s going to be a bitch, she’ll drag this out as long as possible.

• C June 3, 2011 at 03:32 #

I’m guessing Friday morning, between 2am and 8am. Because I feel like this contest just has to lure her out of hiding, and she also likes to be a sneaky bitch.

Also, how the shit is Israel only 3 hours ahead of New York?

• Mo June 3, 2011 at 10:43 #

It’s 7 hours ahead. 🙂 BTW – she didn’t show so you’re welcome to put another guess out there!

8. Libby June 3, 2011 at 03:59 #

No guess. I have been bleeding WHILE I ovulate. Ovaries are bastards.

• Mo June 3, 2011 at 10:44 #

indeed they are. As are uteruses. (Uteri?)

9. eggsinarow June 3, 2011 at 04:09 #

June 6th noon-4. OMG I love Israeli Chocolate! But really can you send me some of the tomatoes and cucumbers? So much better there without the preservatives. Or…hot shoko from Aroma??? (Can you tell I lived in J’lm for awhile??)

• Mo June 3, 2011 at 10:45 #

🙂 I’ll make you a deal – if you win, I’ll send you the Israeli product of your choosing. (though I doubt the tomatoes and cucumbers would survive the trip, we can always give it a shot)

10. Kelly June 3, 2011 at 05:12 #

Usually it comes at work at the most awkward time (10 am to 1:30pm).

Wish you luck – my RE said my tubes are blocked right at the uterus, so going for surgery before IVF (surgery is free in Canada). Whoo hooo?
    I really hope you get the all clear!

• Mo June 3, 2011 at 10:46 #

Thanks kelly! I work at home though. So I guess my most awkward time would be at my yoga class. so I’m giving you the sunday night slot.

11. Bear June 3, 2011 at 06:00 #

I’ll say Saturday June 4th between 1PM and 7PM.

12. Shmerson June 3, 2011 at 08:11 #

Can I just stand here and say “Challange Accepted”, “Challange Extended” every once in a while?

• Marie June 3, 2011 at 08:30 #

Yes, but I think you have to say them in the other order.

13. starfishkittydreams June 3, 2011 at 09:28 #

Any sign? I completely understand. I recall mine were slow to get started back up again after going through a loss. Miscarriage seems to restart the clock for some reason. Once she arrives I am hoping regular 28 day cycles for you going forward!

Note: I am in the waiting bucket too (CD 32). No clue what is going on down there.

• Mo June 3, 2011 at 10:47 #

Thanks hon!
      No sign of her yet. Keep those guesses coming ladies!

14. me0me June 3, 2011 at 16:15 #

Though I’m not a lady I want to play. May I have Saturday between 7am and 1pm or is my participation too weird for you? You know I loves my Israeli chocolates…

• Mo June 3, 2011 at 22:13 #

nah I was thinking you’d probably participate. 🙂

15. AK June 3, 2011 at 22:07 #

June 8, 3pm. Don’t question my mad randomness, just go with it.

• Mo June 3, 2011 at 22:14 #

Oh dear spaghetti monster, I’m seriously hoping that you’re currently not up to par with your clairvoyance, because if you are, that means pushing the HSG YET AGAIN.

16. Kristin June 4, 2011 at 06:36 #

I truly have no idea…but I did get pregnant that quickly after one of my miscarriages.

• Mo June 4, 2011 at 10:58 #

Oy. If that happened now without any answers, that would totally suck.

17. Mo June 4, 2011 at 10:59 #

It is currently noon on Saturday and the bitch hasn’t even peeked out to hint that she’s on the way. Keep those guesses coming!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. The Power of Control « Mommy Odyssey - June 6, 2011

[…] Jun First, an update: Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner! Eggs in a Row got it right in the betting pool.  Spotting started today at noon. So she gets chocolate! Yay! Also – stop by her blog and […]