Quick Update

26 Apr

Hey All

I’ve been terrible about updating, keeping up with ICLW, and answering all of your amazing comments.

Thank you all so much. I said it before and I’ll say it again – I don’t know where I’d be without this community.

I have a long-ass blog post in me, but I’ve been in pain for a few hours now and I don’t think I’ll be up to it tonight.

But you all do deserve an update and it’s good news. 6 days after the MTX shot, my betas are down from 438 to 118. Shmerson and I are both incredibly relieved. I’ll go in for another test on Thursday. With the pain right now, I have a feeling it may be down to single digits by then. Either way, I know the worst of it will be over soon.

The upside to it all? My amazing husband spent the day booking our 1 year anniversary weekend, cleaning the house, and now he’s cooking dinner.

Hopefully tomorrow I’ll be coherent again.

Thank you all again for being awesome!!!

6 Responses to “Quick Update”

1. teejay April 26, 2011 at 22:09 #

Take as long as you need to get back to us. Although it is very nice to know that you and hubby are slowly healing and making future plans. A vacation sounds wonderful.

2. Esperanza April 26, 2011 at 23:03 #

Oh, I hope the pain isn’t too bad. I had such HORRIBLE reactions to the MTX shots. My doctor was like, you’ll bleed for a few days and have some mild cramping. What actually happened was I bleed for six weeks (this is when I found you bleeding doesn’t necessarily have anything to do with “passing” what was in your uterus, because I had to get an MVA so there wasn’t anything left in there) and had HORRIBLE discomfort and abdominal bloating for TWO WEEKS after my MTX shots. I could hardly sit up for one week, let alone stand up and NOTHING made it feel better. I was always scared that the pain was my tube bursting and I was SO ANNOYED the doctor didn’t give me any warning. If it weren’t for google I’d have had no idea what was happening to me (evidently MTX is like chemo and kills cells in your body and when things decompose they release gas, which is then trapped in your abdomen. So awesome, right?!) Anyway, I hope you had a better experience and things get better quickly. I had to keep getting my betas drawn for five or six weeks after mine. It was awful.

You’ll be in my thoughts during this difficult time.

3. M3MU April 26, 2011 at 23:23 #

Definitely take as long as you like with everything! I hope the pain is gone quickly.
    Your hubs sound like a great man. I’m glad he’s taking care of you. And I love the comment “Each time we get slapped in the face, I fall in love with him just a little bit more. I am so lucky.” It great when we can appreciate those kinds of things.

4. Kristin April 27, 2011 at 04:03 #

This sounds like something I could have written. Thinking of you and praying things are ok soon.

5. zygotta April 27, 2011 at 16:04 #

I’d like to give you a virtual hug
    No words can express me better

6. slcurwin April 28, 2011 at 10:43 #

I’m glad you’re getting some extra love at home. And I’m still standing by the notion that we’re all a little extra in love with Shmerson.