People on TV I Want to be Friends With

20 Mar
I’m in a bit of a silly, useless mood today (I’m actually listening to Bon Jovi out of some strange sense of nostalgia. This is a bad sign). Soooo I figured I was overdue for a silly useless post.
In case you don’t know (though it’s kind of hard not to notice) I’m a bit of a TV junkie. Since I work from home, I end up watching a LOT of stuff in the background while I’m doing other stuff.
But there are some shows, and some characters, and some people, who will always make me ignore whatever I’m working on in favor of fantasizing about our fictional friendship/romance/uncomfortable conversation/all of the above.
So, since I love me some lists, here’s one of people on TV I want to be friends with!
Fictional:
  1. Abed from “Community”
  2. Lorelai from “Gilmore Girls”
  3. Phoebe from “Friends”
  4. Pacey from “Dawson’s Creek” (I actually wanted to marry him at one point. Then I met shmerson. Oh, and before that, I realized that you can’t marry fictional characters).
  5. Chandler from “Friends” (see Pacey above)
  6. Hurley from “Lost”
  7. Liz Lemon from “30 Rock”
  8. Jim from “The Office” (see Pacey and Chandler)
  9. Lilly from “How I met your Mother”
  10. Barney from “How I Met your Mother” (I know he’s an ass – but I don’t care!)
  11. Leonard from “The Big Bang Theory”
  12. Cameron from Modern Family
  13. Miranda Bailey from Grey’s Anatomy
  14. Jack from Will and Grace
  15. Angel from “Angel” and “Buffy”
  16. Willow from “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” (look at that! Alyson Hannigan made it on here twice! Good for her!)
  17. Xander from “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” (see Chandler, Pacey, and Jim, above)
  18. Fred from “Angel”
  19. Lorne from “Angel”
  20. Wilson from”House”
  21. Chuck from “Chuck” (see Xander, Chandler, Pacey, and Jim above)
  22. Seth Cohen from “The O.C.” (see Chuck,  Xander, Chandler, Pacey… well you get the point. I like geeks. I married one. Duh)
  23. Veronica from “Veronica Mars”
  24. Mercedes from “Glee”
  25. J.D. from “Scrubs”

I could probably go on and on. But 25 seems like a nice round number, no?

Real People (this means people who go on TV as themselves, not actors playing characters):

1. Jon Stewart (Also wanted to marry him at some point. Then found out he was spoken for. Major heartbreak ensued).
  2. Stephen Colbert
  3. Rachel Maddow
  4. John Oliver
  5. Ricky Gervais
  6. Bill Maher
  7. Joel McHale
  8. Conan Obrien
  9. Oprah – because who wouldn’t want to be friends with her?
  10. Boston Rob
  11. Gordon Ramsay (yes I know he’s an ass. But did you see how the man COOKS?)
  12. Alton Brown (he is my cooking guru forever and always)
  13. Dr. Drew (yes, he is smug. But I know he will most likely come in handy in the future. In fact, he would probably come in handy now, too.)
  14. Jeff Probst
  15. Jimmy Fallon (see Jon Stewart, only I got married first)
  16. Seth Meyers (see Jimmy Fallon)

I’m not adding actors here because really, this post is too long already, and that could go on for a while, and I think Shmerson’s head would explode with the sheer amount of lewd comments I would make (I’m talking to you – Johnny Depp, Joseph Gordon Levitt, and Paul Rudd! Consider yourselves warned! Yum.).

Ok – I believe this is my cue to turn off the Bon Jovi and go to bed.

Or at least turn off the Bon Jovi. Reminder: I am no longer 13 years old.

17 Responses to “People on TV I Want to be Friends With”

1. Marie March 20, 2011 at 03:01 #

It sounds like we have similar taste in men. At least actors.

I’ve heard that Gordon Ramsey is actually REALLY nice in real life. Has a wife and kids and a big heart. The jerk thing is just his character on TV. If that helps.

I’m also a little bit in love with Simon Cowell, except I think he’s a jerk in real life, too.

• mommyodyssey March 20, 2011 at 19:04 #

I was considering putting simon cowell on here too – but then, I pretty much know the guy’s an ass. He just seems like a really interesting ass.

2. me0me March 20, 2011 at 03:40 #

Ryan. Gosling.

All five main characters from HIMYM.
    Clare from Six Feet Under.
    President Allison Taylor in the later seasons of 24.

Liked all your choices that I’m familiar with, especially those from Angel

3. bodegabliss March 20, 2011 at 05:09 #

Sorry, Jimmy Fallon and John Stewart are already spoken for. And I’m not talking about their wives.

• mommyodyssey March 20, 2011 at 19:05 #

Oh don’t make me get violent on you.
      Although – Squish has a claim on them too, and I believe she can kick both of our butts.

• Squish March 20, 2011 at 19:18 #

Bet you ASS I can kick both of yours!
        But you can have Jimmy Fallon. Really. Go for it. Lemme know how it goes

• me0me March 21, 2011 at 03:35 #

Just seeing your NAME here made me laugh. Well that and the ass kicking. I’ll go now.

4. Kristin March 20, 2011 at 16:11 #

You have some great choices on there.

Laughing about the Bon Jovi. I listen to the classic rock radio station a lot and, of course, there is a lot of Bon Jovi played. My 10 yr old has turned into a major Bon Jovi fan.

• mommyodyssey March 20, 2011 at 19:07 #

See? I love classic rock. I used to think Bon Jovi was so DEEP, you know? They were actually my first rock concert.
      Then I turned 14 and discovered Nirvana. The rest is history. 🙂

5. Elphaba March 20, 2011 at 22:05 #

I’d like to be friends with Paula Dean…

• mommyodyssey March 21, 2011 at 02:29 #

I would too. But my ass on the other hand would never forgive me.

6. Rocky March 20, 2011 at 22:49 #

Great list! actually agree with you on many of them. Here are the ones I would add:

Claire from ‘6 feet under’
    Nate from ‘6 feet under’
    Erick from ‘True Blood’ (yeah, an asshole *and* a vamp. but he’s cool. and a 1000 years old)
    Jessica from ‘True Blood’ (I’m a sucker for redheads)
    Peggy from ‘Mad men’
    Margene from ‘Big Love’
    Scotty from ‘Brothers & Sisters’
    Rebecca from ‘Brothers & Sisters’
    Chloe O’breien from ’24’

that’s it for now…

• mommyodyssey March 21, 2011 at 02:29 #

Ohhh Margene is a good one. I’m with you on that! Can’t believe the series finale is airing tonight….

7. missohkay March 21, 2011 at 02:21 #

This is great! TV characters I wish I could be friends with: Lorelei from GG, Michael Bluth from Arrested Development, Andy from Weeds, Liz Lemon, Juliet from Lost, and… Spongebob.

• mommyodyssey March 21, 2011 at 02:28 #

Oh! Spongebob! That’s a good one! I was thinking about whether I should add cartoon characters to the list. Butters from southpark would definitely be on there. And Lisa Simpson.

8. Kira March 21, 2011 at 04:25 #

I’m with you on Johnny Depp, “Friends”, “Big Bang”, “Scrubs”…
    Although my number one would most definitely be Eric from “True Blood”!!! 😀