You Know What Really Pisses Me Off?

14 Mar

There’s this woman, who is a friend of a friend, who I made the mistake of adding on facebook a few months ago.

Two years ago, at the age of THIRTY FIVE, this woman got pregnant by her boyfriend BY ACCIDENT.

SHE ALSO SMOKED AND DRANK DURING THE ENTIRE PREGNANCY AND GAVE BIRTH TO A PERFECTLY HEALTHY BABY BOY.

A few days ago she happens to pop up on my news feed with a belly that’s 7 months along. At the age of 37. Without a hitch. And I bet she’s still smoking.

And today, i go out to lunch with my mom and a friend of hers. Her daughter, who is 34, is now 15 weeks along with her second child. No complications all is well. What was supposed to be a pleasant day was spent cooing at pictures of this woman’s one year old grandaughter and talking excitedly about how “she hopes this next one is a boy” and how her “poor daughter just feels awful physically”.

At that point I wanted to yell at her: So fucking what? At least she made it to 15 weeks. Now shut the fuck up before I throw something at you.

Then we drove past a store with maternity clothes and I wanted to cry.

I want a fucking cigarette.

10 Responses to “You Know What Really Pisses Me Off?”

1. Elphaba March 14, 2011 at 15:44 #

Aw, I wish I could give you a hug. Sorry sweetie.

2. me0me March 14, 2011 at 16:06 #

I is sending virtual chocolate and hugs! And though this is being slapped worthy, I will say it anyway (and you can slap me when you see me in April): You probably wouldn’t want to live these people’s lives. As in, not the few facts that you’ve latched on to here but their entire emotional being. I doubt that’s much fun. And I doubt they’re the mothers you want to be. And I love you. And you may now slap me and resume bitching *fast blinking model smile*

3. Cattiz J March 14, 2011 at 17:20 #

Ouch, not the best day then. You are so strong keeping away from those cigarettes!

4. Marie March 14, 2011 at 18:09 #

Hugs…

What pissed me off so much about my friend Monica’s pregnancy was how accidental it was. (After a one-night-stand, the morning after pill failed.) Similar to this smoked and drank at age 35 bullshit. You’re totally within your rights to be pissed and call shenanigans.

5. missohkay March 14, 2011 at 20:06 #

Yeah, so annoying. I had to endure an entire lunchtime conversation the other day about people who got trashed before they realized they were pregnant. Fine, it happens. Not to me, because I would do anything in the world to prevent that, but whatever. Let’s change the subject already.
    Great job not smoking – keep it up!!

6. bodegabliss March 14, 2011 at 22:35 #

I’m so sick of accidental pregnancies!! Why can’t they happen to us?!?!

Boooooo. Glad you hung in there, though! I’m so proud of you! Yay!

7. Kristin March 15, 2011 at 00:58 #

I’m so sorry sweetie. {{{Hugs}}} and love coming your way.

8. deepdreamer March 15, 2011 at 02:53 #

My friend, 21 ( same age as me), 2 kids already, and says to me one night “Oh, I thought I had food poisoning, but I’m actually pregnant again”
    FOOD POISONING!???3- THREE- kids and no problems???
    Arrraghhhh!!!!!!!!

• Marie March 15, 2011 at 04:15 #

Omg. I would punch that person for her insensitivity ALONE.

9. Amber March 16, 2011 at 20:04 #

Jeeze after reading that I want one too. Don’t worry Mo. All good things in all good time.

So a woman smoked and drank and had a perfectly normal healthy baby. Well good for the baby. Just wait. You’re doing the leg work. You’re going to end up having some kind of wonderful little genius baby who is always happy and isn’t born addicted to nicotine. 🙂