Urgh

18 Feb

Me: I want my internet back!

Me: you know, this would be the moment where I’m supposed to tell you that it’s healthy that you’re disconnected for a while, and it’s not so bad. It’s only till sunday.

Me: Me want internet! Me want internet now!

Me: you realize that this means we either have to hang out at the parents’ or at cafes?

Me: I don’t care! INTERNET! INTERNET!

Me: and you’re so excited when you’re finally online we can’t concentrate enough to write a decent blog post.

Me: Um – we can’t concentrate because we have either our parents or some waiter breathing down our necks. But it’s worth it!  INTERNET! INTERNET!

Me: Yeah, I’m kidding myself. INTERNET! INTERNET! INTERNET!

Me: I’m glad you’re finally seeing things my way. INTERNET! INTERNET! INTERNET!

Me: (for some reason I have a feeling that letting her win will come back to bite me in the ass).

Me: did you say something?

Me: Um – no! of course not! INTERNET! INTERNET! INTERNET!

Editor’s note: we promise to be back with our regularly scheduled blog posts on Sunday. Until then you will have to put up with our endless whining. Our sincerest apologies.

8 Responses to “Urgh”

1. Amber February 18, 2011 at 22:26 #

Okay so this is kind of a two part comment.

First part: I know exactly how you feel. I’m a smoker and I rank internet right there with my cigarettes. If I don’t have it, I’m freaking out.

Second part: I found your blog on tag surfer, and I think it’s great. I linked you in my blogroll, but you definitely do not have to link me back. I just thought you’d like to know you have another fan 🙂

• Marie February 18, 2011 at 22:33 #

Oh, this is a great idea, Mo! You could use this period of internet withdrawal to quit smoking… Because the lack of cigarettes would seem like NOTHING compared to the lack of internet, right? 😉

Chocolate on its way, darling.

• mommyodyssey February 18, 2011 at 22:33 #

thanks amber I really appreciate it! I’m quitting smoking in two weeks so I’m sure you’ll find it amusing 🙂 I’ll make sure to check out your blog properly once I’m back online

• mommyodyssey February 18, 2011 at 22:38 #

Marie: see above. I’ve got a quit plan all set with the shrink. Both internet AND smoking would be torture, methinks. 🙂
        And thanks! Yay chocolate!

2. Kristin February 19, 2011 at 00:02 #

And I thought I had it bad when my laptop bit the dust…damn, no internet would suck royally!

3. slcurwin February 20, 2011 at 07:39 #

Ya, the lack of internet would make me pretty bitter for a bit. Hope it gets sorted out fast.

4. Rocky February 21, 2011 at 23:37 #

Oh yeah. Exactly the same here, including the entire conversations.
    And internet mishaps are – for some reason – very common in my neck of the woods. Including one that left me sans internet for 11 days, *during the holiday season* and ***while it was minus 13 outside***.

Top that.