It’s amazing how simple it is to make me giddy

6 Feb

It’s funny, I was planning on writing my weekly obsession post this week about Wayne’s World, the best. movie. slash. snl. sketch. ever! (yes, don’t judge me).

But I didn’t do a post this week because I was busy with setting up Choco Buddy (have you joined yet? If not, consider yourself guilt-tripped!).

So I come home today, put on this week’s SNL, and then, a moment of pure, unending joy ensues:

OMG I feel like I’m 14 years old watching my WW vhs tapes for the 50th time only now it’s new material!

I’ve watched it three times already and each time I continue to jump up and down in my seat (despite my hurty-back) with pure, unadulterated joy.

*this is me continuing to jump up and down*

*ouch*

*who the heck cares? Party time! Excellent!!!!”*

WOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

21 Responses to “It’s amazing how simple it is to make me giddy”

1. Hemlock February 7, 2011 at 07:12 #

LOL… Waynes World and the Bill and Ted movies are the best… ever. They just don’t do movies like that anymore and I REALLY wish that they did!

• mommyodyssey February 7, 2011 at 12:38 #

I know, right? They were the best!!! 🙂

2. bodegabliss February 7, 2011 at 19:25 #

Oh my word. I’m said it before, but I swear we were separated at birth. Did you catch my Wayne’s World reference on my blog the other day? I wore my VHS Movie out watching this. And just the other day as I was walking with my friends on a trail and we had to move out of the way for a biker, I said: “Game off! Game on!” But no one ever seems to get it. And I can’t hear “Foxy Lady” without moving like Garth.

• slcurwin February 7, 2011 at 19:57 #

LOL!!!! I thought I was the only crazy person saying “game off”, “game on” when things pause. And I’m with you on Foxy Lady too.

• bodegabliss February 7, 2011 at 20:57 #

YES! you say this, too?! man, why weren’t you there every time i’ve said it so at least one person could laugh? seriously, not ONCE has a person gotten the joke when i’ve said it!

• slcurwin February 7, 2011 at 22:12 #

That’s ok, no one laughs with me either. They just dont understand that I’m frickin’ hillarious.

3. bodegabliss February 7, 2011 at 19:33 #

Also, I didn’t even realize it was new material (because I skipped over that part you wrote about it being “new material”) until they mentioned james franco and anne hathaway, and seriously, they’re spot on. They haven’t lost anything in all those years! Okay, I’m going to watch it for the 2nd time now.

4. bodegabliss February 7, 2011 at 19:37 #

Right…and obviously (now that I’m watching it again), I was too excited to comment and really wasn’t paying attention when they mentioned about 50,000 things before james franco that told me it was new. Doh!

• mommyodyssey February 7, 2011 at 19:45 #

You are awesome. 🙂
      I actually posted this on my facebook as well and had about 7 of my friends comment on how they were expecting me to and then an argument started, because they all claimed torture due to the amount of times I’d forced them to watch the movie, and which person endured more suffering. Screw them – it will never get old.
      I use the “game on” line all the time too, and sigh in frustration each time no one gets it (which is most of the time, alas).
      Fortunately, Squish is in on it with me, so when I jump on her and say “I love you man!” she curtly says “Thank you” and begins to bob her head.
      Ok – I can keep rambling about this forever seriously, I know the whole movie by heart, but I should go have dinner. We’re having cream of sum yung guy 🙂

• mommyodyssey February 7, 2011 at 19:53 #

Ok! Ok! I have to do one more. Each time I’m in new york I have to scream “hey! we’re in New York! I’ve got a gun let’s go to a broadway show!”
        I have been known to randomly spout “muka-laka-hiki, come on you wanna lay me, pass the poi mahalo”.
        And the one time I actually went to Delaware, I did, in fact, stand in one place and say, for the benefit of my bemused traveling partner, ” Hi, I’m in Delaware”
        I’m done now. I swear. really.

• bodegabliss February 7, 2011 at 20:51 #

HAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAH. If I had had food in my mouth just then, it would be all over my computer.

• mommyodyssey February 7, 2011 at 20:55 #

Would that food be domino’s pizza? Because contract or no, we don’t bow to any sponsor.
          (Sorry, I really do need to restrain myself. NOT!)

• bodegabliss February 7, 2011 at 20:55 #

Shoot, the comment above was in reply to “cream of sum yung guy.” And the Delaware joke is my FAVORITE! And every time I used to drive through Delaware, I would say it. Even if I were alone. I love that there’s someone else out there still quoting them 20 years later.

• bodegabliss February 7, 2011 at 20:56 #

YOU HAVE TO STOP! YOU’RE KILLING ME! good thing i’m alone in the office today, or my cover would’ve totally been blown.

• mommyodyssey February 7, 2011 at 21:03 #

yes, they would probably think you were a psycho hose beast
              (ok I really do have to stop eventually. it’s just too much fun!)

5. slcurwin February 7, 2011 at 20:01 #

And I somehow dont have this movie in my collection and now I really want to watch it again.

6. bodegabliss February 7, 2011 at 21:05 #

Ooo! Ooo! Ooo! Have you guys pulled the, “Camera 1, Camera 2. Camera 1, Camera 2” before? Man, not one guy has been impressed with that. I can’t figure out why.

• mommyodyssey February 7, 2011 at 21:09 #

I gave up on that a few years ago because men are lame. And by the way, if you were a president, you’d be babe-raham lincoln.

• slcurwin February 7, 2011 at 22:15 #

ya, I’ve been there…regularily. I’ve decided to just keep it in my head now…mostly.