Grey’s Anatomy and I are no longer friends.

5 Feb

Ok, first: SPOILER ALERT! If you have not seen this week’s episode of Grey’s Anatomy and you don’t want to be spoiled on what’s going on, please read no further. But come back after you watch it, because you may well be just as ticked off as I am.
I’ve already talked about how Grey’s ticked me off a couple of weeks back with their complete glossing over of Meredith’s miscarriage and Callie’s magical pregnancy.
Well – this week things got worse.
Callie started bleeding and she was freaking out. She’s like, six weeks along or something like that. So she’s freaking out and I’m secretly hoping this woman miscarries (hey, she’s fictional, I’m allowed!) and maybe they finally address the freakin’ issue properly.
But no. She camps out on her OB’s table until she brings out a miraculous super Ultra Sound machine and hey! Look at that! A heartbeat at six weeks! That’s totally realistic and Super Sensitive Ultra Sound machines exist especially for dramatic character revelations everywhere! Yay!

Oh look at me! I’m Callie and I’m super-fertile! I got preggers and I’m bleeding but I’m super cool so everything is awesome and I got to hear my baby’s heartbeat at six weeks! Yay me! And now I’m not gonna be worried ever again because I have my hot baby daddy and my lesbian girlfriend supporting me! You see, the freak out was metaphorical. I wasn’t REALLY worried about the baby, I was worried about my stupid relationships. Of course my baby is going to be fine! This is TV! We gloss over miscarriages and celebrate easy pregnancies!

Screw you, fictional character.

Oh? And you know what makes it worse? It’s Sloan’s baby, right? And he and McDreamy are discussing Callie’s Super-Uterus and all McDreamy says is “I don’t get how you guys did it so easily, and we’ve been trying for months”.

Oh have you now? Really? This is your frustration? Not that you LOST A FREAKIN’ BABY?!?!

McDreamy – you and I are no longer friends. And I don’t like your post-it wife much anymore, either.

Hi I’m Meredith Grey. I may be dark and twisty but I am completely capable of glossing over my miscarriage and having lots of sex with my super hot brain surgeon husband! Yay infertile me! I don’t care about it at all and I haven’t addressed the issue since the beginning of the season! I’m the coolest character ever!

You know what the sad part is? I will most likely continue to watch. I’m a masochist that way.

I was a masochist too until I had the sense to quit the show and go adopt a kid.

Katherine Heigl, I’m starting to like you more and more. Now if you’d just stop making crappy movies, I may be friends with you again.

Ok. I’m done now.

10 Responses to “Grey’s Anatomy and I are no longer friends.”

1. missohkay February 5, 2011 at 02:49 #

Apparently Katherine Heigl is kind of a beyotch in real life, but the adoption thing made me like her more. I stopped watching Grey’s a couple of seasons ago but I can’t believe that a miscarriage wasn’t a great time for Meredith to shine. Miscarriage is traumatizing, and Meredith *does* traumatic. It’s kind of her specialty.

• mommyodyssey February 5, 2011 at 03:40 #

Exactly! Meredith is supposed to be all about her own traumas. What’s up with that? KH is supposedly a beyotch by reputation, but having lived in hollywood for a couple of years, I don’t set much stock in reps. The truth is that from what I’ve seen, the truly horrendous human beings in the industry cover it up nicely, and a lot of people who just stick up for themselves and have a personality get brutalized in the press.
      But I’m getting waaaay off topic. Ahh well.

2. Marie February 5, 2011 at 03:07 #

At least they sort-of-kind-of addressed infertility, and the unfairness of some people getting pregnant by accident while others can’t at all… Right?

I am many episodes behind, but loving the spoilers (I call them warnings). I’ll probably watch eventually, since it is good quality time with my sister when we can line our schedules up… And because I’m a masochist.

• mommyodyssey February 5, 2011 at 03:36 #

well, I guess, if one sentence said in passing counts. Nope, actually when I think about it, it doesn’t. hour long show. one sentence. ick. Definitely feel free to watch – but I suggest you arm yourself with comfort food! (I should be pairing you up with your choco buddy in the next couple of days, so you can give her a head’s up). 🙂

3. Elphaba February 5, 2011 at 15:57 #

I’ve never watched Grey’s and it sounds like now isn’t the time to start… those repeating videos are giving me a seizure.

• mommyodyssey February 6, 2011 at 00:08 #

Sorry about that – I have a newly developed addiction to animated gifs. I will make sure to keep the seizure-inducing ones to a minimum in the future. 🙂

4. Low Fat Lady February 5, 2011 at 17:12 #

I have watched Grey’s ever since it started, but yea I can see how they are not doing a good job with this IF story line. I couldn’t understand why the OB didn’t have other patients and didn’t have her removed from the room.

• mommyodyssey February 6, 2011 at 00:09 #

yep, that annoyed the crap out of me too. 🙂

5. bodegabliss February 5, 2011 at 19:23 #

HAHAHHAHA. This is awesome. You should know that I flipped off Callie and that stupid doctor and their stupid happy heartbeat. I was so mad at the writers for all of that (and especially Meredith). But I can’t stop watching it. We are in a fight, though.

• mommyodyssey February 6, 2011 at 00:10 #

Yay for flipping off characters on TV! It’s sad – I can’t stop watching either. So, so sad.