Inspiration strikes!

27 Jan

A discussion over at Bodega Bliss’ blog and the outpouring of support for wiseguy over at kristin’s blog has given me a stroke of inspiration.

You know how we like to give each other virtual hugs? I’m thinking we go a step further. I propose starting a “chocolate buddy” system.

Every time I see one of my fellow bloggers going through a hard time, apart from the hugs, I always have the immediate urge to send that person chocolate. I don’t know why. It just makes sense to me. Even if it takes a while for the chocolate to get there, I feel like it would be like getting a little hug in the mail.

Really – I’m serious about this. If I get enough support here in the comments, I will find a way to set up a website where the TTC/Loss community can buddy up. Apart from the usual support in the comments, each woman would be paired with a chocolate buddy. They would have to regularly read each other’s blog and each time their buddy is feeling down, mail over a chocolate bar.

It’s silly. But I kinda like it. Feel free to tear down this idea as hella-stupid. Thought?

14 Responses to “Inspiration strikes!”

1. slcurwin January 27, 2011 at 04:21 #

Now you have me wondering how much it would cost to mail a chocolate bar. I’ll have to ask at the post ofice when my books come in.
    mmmmm…hazelnut. Off to the freezer I go now (that’s where I stash mine)

• slcurwin January 27, 2011 at 04:24 #

HORROR! it’s all gone..I don’t remember finishing it…there is only soap.

• mommyodyssey January 27, 2011 at 04:29 #

soap in the freezer? And see – this only strengthens my whole “chocolate in the mail” theory. 🙂

2. bodegabliss January 27, 2011 at 05:16 #

You guys are awesome. At least you start on the smaller scale, I was trying to devise a plan to get us all together on some retreat somewhere. But chocolate is much more attainable. 🙂 I’m in!

3. wifey January 27, 2011 at 06:18 #

I think it’s a great idea! Chocolate is a miracle drug and we all know that any calories ingested from eating chocolate while having a rough time don’t count.
    Plus, who wouldn’t be cheered up to find chocolate in the mail?

4. Elphaba January 27, 2011 at 22:47 #

Chocolate you say??? Do you even need to ask. Although I was Sclurwin as my partner because she lives pretty close to me and my chocolate won’t have to cross an ocean 😉

• mommyodyssey January 27, 2011 at 22:51 #

Yeah – I think I would try to do geographical pairings to minimize shipping costs. But that basically means I’m screwed since I’m all the way in Israel… 🙂 ahh well. I’m seriously gonna get this off the ground in the next week or two. I think it would be fun!

5. Betsy January 29, 2011 at 01:44 #

I would love to participate! Please keep me posted!

6. Marie January 29, 2011 at 05:52 #

I’m in.

7. Skytimes January 29, 2011 at 15:16 #

I think this is a hella GOOD idea!! I send out several packages of chocolate per year, to friends or BLMs overseas. Hoping that it makes them smile and sigh with content when the sweetness dissolves on their tongues… Priceless.

Keep us posted.

8. bodegabliss January 29, 2011 at 20:48 #

I’ll be happy to send chocolate to Israel, just so you know!

9. lindsay je January 29, 2011 at 23:57 #

what a cute idea, please let me know if you do indeed put this together.

10. mommyodyssey January 30, 2011 at 00:01 #

ok I’m gonna go for it – prolly low-tech to start. I’ll get working on it later this week! woohoo!