Notes To Self

3 Jun
  • Shaking an HPT like an etch-a-sketch will NOT magically make a second line appear.
  • You don’t know when you ovulated so all is not necessarily lost.
  • You really need to get on that post about the vacation, it’s far more amusing than your pee-stick obsession.
  • Stop being depressed! It’s still early! Seriously! Stop that now!
  • If this cycle is a bust, make sure you monitor your ovulation properly next month so you don’t drive yourself crazy again.
  • Have you noticed that you channel your anxiety into pee sticks? You should discuss that with your therapist tomorrow. For reals.
  • You’re obsessing about pee sticks just by writing this post.
  • Shaking an HPT like an etch-a-sketch will not… STOP SHAKING THAT THING ALREADY!
About these ads

10 Responses to “Notes To Self”

1. Heather June 3, 2012 at 12:08 #

You are just hilarious..

2. Christina June 3, 2012 at 13:13 #

Maybe if you shake it like a Polaroid? Maybe you can persuade one of us American ladies into sending you some more RR sticks ;)

3. Maria June 3, 2012 at 14:13 #

If it makes you feel any better, these are important notes to take into consideration for pee stick addicts all over the world. Thank you! I shack the crap outta my pee sticks… I think there are meeting for that. Maybe I’ll see you there?

4. Theresa June 3, 2012 at 14:27 #

Wow I’m not the only one that does that.
    Other note to self: looking at negative pee stick 20 times will not make a second line appear…

5. Daryl June 3, 2012 at 18:41 #

You make me smile. Oh, and I’m dying to read the vacation post!

6. Rebecca Pallack (@RPallack) June 3, 2012 at 20:46 #

Okay lady move away from the pee sticks before the people in the white coats come for you. Hope the rest of your vacation goes well. Oh, and remember to not pee on the etch a sketch to compare.

7. embracingtherain June 3, 2012 at 23:26 #

:) I love this. I have a love-hate relationship with hpt’s especially recently. I used two the day between our first and second beta when I was spotting because I thought it would make me feel better. One was positive and one was negative which convinced me that things were bad. This ultimately led to a mid-day call to my husband to bring all of the hpt’s and opk’s to my work to give to a coworker because they were making me crazy and I needed them out of the house.

8. Kristin June 4, 2012 at 06:05 #

It is early. Shaking sticks won’t help. But, the mental image is funny as hell.

9. pjsarecomfyn June 4, 2012 at 16:10 #

Yes please write the post about your vacation. Perhaps it will be a good distraction…..although I now want to go buy an etch-a-sketch. Perhaps you should get one and draw a pee stick on it and then pee on that while you give your body a couple more days to register.

10. A. June 4, 2012 at 19:07 #

Good luck, Mo! Hoping and praying for good news soon!!

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 617 other followers