Magic Needles, Do Your Thang

18 May

Last week I was hanging out with my mom.

I was telling her how I really hope this cycle is it so we can get on with this anxiety party. Then she said: “Yeah, let’s hope you ovulate on the right this month.”

Yep. Totally forgot that I only have my right tube. Seriously. I forgot.

That means that I have a 50% chance of even having a chance this month (does that even make sense?). No wonder I repressed it.

Must… Ovulate… On… Right… Side…

So I’ve spent the last week trying to figure out how to make ovulation happen on a specific side.

Yeah. Can’t be done.

But you guys know me. I always find SOMETHING.

At my weekly appointment with the Harley Hottie (that would be my acupuncturist) today, I asked if there was a magic point that would make me ovulate on the right this cycle.

He said there wasn’t really anything on the books for that. So I asked him to use his instincts and awesome acupuncture mojo.

He went along with it, cause he’s kewl like that.

Now all I can do is hope that it works. Or that I was supposed to be ovulating on the right this month anyway.

I can’t believe I forgot that I only have one tube. I FORGOT.

What is wrong with me lately?

About these ads

15 Responses to “Magic Needles, Do Your Thang”

1. Mina @ Fertility Doll May 18, 2012 at 00:43 #

I heart LOL cats! You totally make my day with these posts.

2. ebc May 18, 2012 at 00:44 #

I only have one tube (natural occurrence). My left one. I ovulated on my right. Confirmed by ultrasound. Got a bfp. Doesn’t always cross over but as two REs told me (and I didn’t believe) they’ve seen it happen. And now I have too. Don’t give up on this month!

3. Nisha T. May 18, 2012 at 01:03 #

Haha, I’m sure that’s an easy thing to forget… you know like forgetting you only have one arm. It’s okay, you’ve got a lot on your mind ;) Sending you righty vibes and fairy dust.

4. BleedingTulip May 18, 2012 at 01:16 #

Great post made even better with copious amounts of funny animal pictures :D

Sometimes, when doctors ask about my surgical history, I forget I had my gallbladder removed. And I have 3 scars from that surgery!

5. periodicmusings May 18, 2012 at 01:19 #

My RE said that either tube can pick up an ovulation from either side. Things are closer together than the diagrams show.

6. Cristy May 18, 2012 at 01:27 #

Fingers crossed that Harley Hottie did his magic. Or that the stars align. Or whatever. Come on right ovary!!

7. Brave IVF Girl May 18, 2012 at 02:19 #

As others have said, since the ovaries and the fallopian tubes aren’t connected, you can ovulate on either side and the egg can still make it to the right place. :)

So maybe it doesn’t matter that you forgot.

8. SRB May 18, 2012 at 04:39 #

OMFG. There are OTTERS now?!? Yesssssssssss.

I have also had an egg/embryo ‘jump’ sides, so like, shit happens in there. That is my scientific opinion on the matter.

9. Erin May 18, 2012 at 05:13 #

I hope the above commenters are correct and you can get pregnant even if you ovulate on the left! But seriously. I’m sending you *right* vibes …

10. A. May 18, 2012 at 11:23 #

I am wishing you tons of luck this cycle, Mo. If it makes you feel better, having just come off a pregnancy, I seemed to forget exactly how extravagantly infertile I am:) Somehow having just been pregnant induced a sort of amnesia with regards to how freaking hard it is for me to just get pregnant, nevermind all of the fears and potential issues should I succeed. This is actually my first cycle without acu in a while…not doing acupuncture was part of my grand “IF I YELL IT LOUD ENOUGH I WILL WILL IT TO BE TRUE – I DON’T CARE ABOUT THIS CYCLE!” plan. I think your plan of acu and cute kitties might be a better one…

11. Rebecca Pallack (@RPallack) May 18, 2012 at 18:51 #

Love the cats. Oh I’m always that forgetful. I get to the doctor’s office and they ask me all sorts of questions, if I didn’t have my husband with me I’d forget what I’m allergic to or have for medical problems the list is so long. Hoping you ovulate on the right this month. Good luck!

12. Beth May 18, 2012 at 19:32 #

Never posted before, but have been following for a while and just wanted to say, as a lady who also only rocks a right side tube, righty can totally swing over and pick up a lefty egg. Mine swings both ways! Hardy har har. So even if you go left, don’t count yourself out!

13. JM May 18, 2012 at 20:18 #

I think it’s kindof amazing that you managed to temporarily misplace the tube knowledge- It’s a sign you’re not letting the crazy *completely* take over. I really look forward to getting this ball rolling again for you, and you know, if you ever need more FRER’s, I’m only an ocean away! (I think I should mail you some anyways… you got your BFP a day or two before they arrived last time! Good karma!)

14. Katie May 18, 2012 at 23:00 #

I seem to remember someone with a medical degree telling me if you’re missing a tube or an ovary your body will compensate for it. Of course that could be one of those things I dreamt that I thought actually happened, but regardless I’m wishing you luck!

15. Kristen G. May 20, 2012 at 19:54 #

Good luck this month!!!
    XO

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 606 other followers