So bad me! I missed out on last week! Ahh well.
I can’t believe I made it to 14 weeks. By all accounts, we’re officially in the second trimester, which is amazing.
I haven’t much talked about symptoms here, but I figured it was time to run down the crazy that has become my body. Mostly because my reactions are pretty surprising.
*warning: Yes, I am complaining about some symptoms here. Please feel free to skip if you can’t handle it right now.*
- Oh the heartburn! Though it’s down from being constant to only showing up about once a day, that’s been the biggest nightmare. I want to say I’ve been popping tums like candy, but I’ve been good in trying to keep the amount I take to a minimum. So mostly I’ve just been feeling icky.
- The preggo brain! I have such a hard time concentrating! Notice how I still suck at leaving comments? Yeah – it’s because I’m rarely coherent these days.
- The sleep weirdness! So last week I officially transitioned from sleeping too much to not sleeping enough. Mostly due to excessive peeing. Not helping with the concentration issues.
- Generally Ill (and not in the cool Beastie Boys way): I think this is the most frustrating. I just feel icky most days. Achy. Weak, headaches and such. Poor Shmerson has had to take over most household duties because I’m barely functioning. Which makes me feel endlessly guilty. I hope that second trimester high kicks in soon.
- The puke! Yep. I’ve puked three times so far during this pregnancy. I’m not saying it’s pleasant, but each time I do it calls for a little happy dance. It makes me feel like I’m part of the club or something.
- The doppler! Best. Purchase. Ever. I seriously don’t know where my sanity would be without it.
- The round ligament pain! I know – this is another common complaint, but I love it. As soon as I started recognizing it for what it is, each little twinge is a reminder that the shmaby is growing.
- Stretch marks! I know – another one that most women complain about. But they started showing up a couple of weeks ago and I can’t help but smile each time I look at them. Another reminder that my belly will pop out soon and this may actually start to feel real. Which is awesome.
I think we’re still on the 80 – 20 scale when it comes to the pizza to shmaby ratio. Ahh well.