Not-Penny’s Baby Shower

24 Oct

When I first started this blog, I didn’t expect to find a whole community of fabulous women that would become both friends and inspirations.

Elphie was one of the first bloggers that I found after becoming a part of this community. Reading her was like a breath of fresh air. Fresh, hilarious air. Her snarky irreverent writing reminded me that there was still humor in this world when I was in one of the darkest places in my life. She reminded me how to laugh, and taught me how to find humor in my situation. For that, I will eternally be grateful. (Fun fact! Elphie is the one who came up with “Mo”, after pointing out that I have found some humor in my blog, so it was time to lighten up just a bit)

With time, Elphie and I developed a friendship beyond just commenting on each other’s blogs. When she finally got her BFP, I was honored to be one of the first people to find out, and I found myself over the moon for her. So much so that I spread the news amongst my friends and family as if it was happening to me. It was the first pregnancy since my losses that I was truly happy about, and of course, I am still over the moon to this day.

Elphie has been such a huge source of support for me that I can’t even begin to do justice to the wonderful person that she is. Whether it’s calming me down when I’m freaking out about a strange back pain, or just chatting about stupid things when we’re both bored, Elphie has become and will remain a wonderful friend to me.

Not Penny’s arrival next week will be greeted in my household with cheers and pure joy, because Elphie, Mr. M, and their little baby girl deserve no less.

I braved a baby store for the first time in years for a worthy cause. Needless to say I was ecstatic to find the perfect present – an outfit that would turn mini-Elphie into a head-to-toe pink bunny. Ears and all.

It’s me, could it really be anything other than a bunny?

Elphie – you have taught me so much. You have inspired me. You have made me laugh. I hope you will continue with your particular brand of snark for years to come, only now from the perspective of a new mom.

A new, amazing mom.

Mazel tov, my friend.

The party continues! I will be updating the links today as they are posted.

Chon’s Baby Shower Post

A Daily Miracle’s Baby Shower Post

MJ’s Baby Shower Post

Slackie O’s Baby Shower Post

Eggceptionally Blue’s Baby Shower Post

Team Baby’s Baby Shower Post

Marie’s Baby Shower Post

MissOhkay’s Baby Shower Post

Cookie’s Baby Shower Post

Nat’s Baby Shower Post

JJiraffe’s Baby Shower Post

Rachel’s Baby Shower Post

Bodega Bliss’ Baby Shower Post

And! A guest post from Diana, who is a regular reader of Elphie’s:

I discovered Elphie’s blog sometime this summer, while I was traveling my TTC road without having to call myself an infertile (but slowly familiarizing myself with the idea that I would probably end up a member of the IF club). I’ve been a silent reader ever since and have learned so much, felt her pain (whilst hoping that I wouldn’t have to get there myself), wondered about the bitterness and whether I would end up feeling that way (I’m not there yet, but not far from that point, either). But most of all, since Elphie got and stayed pregnant, it’s given me hope – especially after my early pregnancy loss 2 months ago.

I am so happy for Elphie and her husband! I am keeping my fingers crossed for them and Not-Penny. All will go well. I hope that they will be a happy family and that Not-Penny will grow up to be a wonderful woman who will live her life happily, pursue her dreams and fulfill all of her potential. And that when she is ready to be a mother herself, she will not have to travel the road we are traveling!

I got Not-Penny a cute little duck by Kaethe Kruse . I wanted to get her something from a German company, since I am German and thought it would be nice to send something from around here.

Sending my love to both Israel and Canada,

Diana

Thanks for participating Diana! :-)

13 Responses to “Not-Penny’s Baby Shower”

1. Flowergirl October 24, 2011 at 13:43 #

Well done you for throwing this party, such a nice thought.

Elphie, just wanting to wish you the best of luck for the birth and the future with Not-Penny, your blog is great, and hopefully you will be able to continue writing into the future.

Flowergirl x

2. cattiz j October 24, 2011 at 14:21 #

That bunny outfit is perfect coming from you =) All the best to Elphie and her baby girl.

3. Rachel @ Eggs In A Row October 24, 2011 at 17:53 #

You are adorable! I love that little bunny!

4. bodegabliss October 24, 2011 at 18:11 #

Oh my gosh, that is so freaking cute. And like everyone else has said, PERFECT coming from you. Elphaba, we better get to see a picture of her in that hat (providing you’re going to do that, it’s cool if you’re not)!

Thanks again for doing this. You’re one awesome woman.

xoxox

• Elphaba October 25, 2011 at 01:32 #

Oh I will, I promise!

5. Cookie with Milk October 24, 2011 at 19:41 #

Hah! That hat is just epic!

6. Tricia October 24, 2011 at 20:55 #

So sweet!

7. jjiraffe October 25, 2011 at 05:15 #

Thank you so much for hosting this, Mo. I didn’t realize that Elphaba was the source of your alias! So cool. I should have has someone come up with mine. It sucks :)

Of course, bunny gear! So perfect.

This blog hop (bunny pun implied) was so wonderful, and reinforces again that the ALI community rules.

Xoxo

8. missohkay October 25, 2011 at 13:24 #

Best baby shower evah! Thanks, Mo!

9. Elphaba October 25, 2011 at 14:09 #

Hi Diana! Thank you so, so much for your lovely words and your adorable gift. It’s funny you mention about Not-Penny not having to travel this road because I think about that all the time. I hope she doesn’t either. And my mom is from Germany too–so that’s super cool! She’ll be duly impressed by your international gift. :)

• dididiana October 25, 2011 at 22:16 #

Hi Elphaba,
      you’re welcome :-)
      Reading your blog has given me so much over the past couple of weeks (or maybe months – I don’t even remember when I started reading), so being able to show my appreciation is really cool. I’m so happy for you… can’t wait for you “Mommy-posts” to start :-)
      Oh, and how cool it is that your mom is from Germany?!? If she still speaks German tell her “Liebe Gruesse unbekannterweise” from me :-)

Oh and: thanks again, Mo, for hosting this baby shower!
      And hi to everybody else! Your gifts are awesome!

10. Brittany October 25, 2011 at 23:22 #

Here from #ICLW and love the idea of an online baby shower :) Congrats on your pregnancy!!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Blogotopia? « Stumbling Gracefully - October 31, 2011

[…] life. I’m a little alarmed by how the weight I sometimes sense on my shoulders. Recently one blog buddy threw a virtual baby shower for another blog buddy and despite “attendance” by many of […]

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 623 other followers