Twofer Says…

11 May

Ok I think I’m coming down with something so I’m in bed iPhone blogging. Just wanted to thank everyone who chimed in yesterday and update you:

Twofer is sending me for karyotyping, and is consulting with a specialist tomorrow to figure out what combo of HSG/SHG/Possible lap we’ll do to get a full picture. Bottom line is more or less this:
He doesnt want to send me for unnecessary testing that is not based on my current history. His educated guess at this point is that the blighted ovum was a fluke, and that either the D&C I had caused an infection that created a blockage, or possibly endo.
What I love about him is that he is very upfront about things: basically he said that chances are the workups will show nothing and my next pregnancy will be fine ( He says this happens with about 70% of his patients in my situation), and if we do find something then we have plenty of options. I have a lot more to say about all of this but I think I’ll keep that for tomorrow when I hopefully will not be pecking a post out on my iPhone. Until then!

About these ads

6 Responses to “Twofer Says…”

1. Teejay May 12, 2011 at 00:01 #

Sorry you are not feeling well. I like the doctor’s optimism but also the fact that he still wants to dig around just to make sure.

2. Bear May 12, 2011 at 00:07 #

I, too, like Dr. Twofer and how thorough he seems to be. I hope he’s right and that your next pregnancy will be perfectly fine.

3. Elphaba May 12, 2011 at 04:55 #

I think that sounds really positive–so glad you had a good appointment! Hope you’re feeling better soon!

4. Kristin May 12, 2011 at 05:39 #

Feel better soon.

Glad your appointment went well.

5. me0me May 12, 2011 at 16:20 #

I thank the spaghetti monster that the professional person you trust the most has this amount of positivity in what he had to say. Hope you’re feeling better and getting rest!

6. BleedingTulip May 13, 2011 at 00:28 #

Sounds like you guys have a good plan. I think that the kereotyping should help to relieve your fears about a genetic issue,and am impatient to hear what your results look like! Thinking of you {{HUGS}}

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 616 other followers